POSITION TITLE: Evening Manager
REPORTS TO: Store Director
FLSA STATUS: Non-Exempt
To effectively direct and manage all aspects of the store in the absence of the store manager.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1) To assure that all store personnel are courteous to all customers and that all customer complaints/requests are handled properly and professionally.
2) Responsible for efficient and effective delegation of duties to achieve maximum performance and proper follow-up procedures.
3) To maintain a housekeeping program which ensures and orderly and clean store that is pleasing to the customer's eye.
4) Maintain the building and equipment to meet maximum safety operations.
5) Responsible for optimal freshness of all products and proper merchandising to achieve maximum sales and profits.
6) To implement and maintain effective fire and safety programs set forth by Risk Management.
7) Implement and maintain effective security standards inside and outside of the store, which are set forth by the Loss Prevention Department.
8) To greet all customers and thank them for their patronage.
9) To conduct store refrigeration checks throughout the evening.
10) To oversee all aspects of the store during the evening hours in the absence of the store manager.
11) To abide by all company policies as stated in the Employee Handbook.
SUPPLEMENTAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
1) To help in the cash office as needed, such as covering breaks/lunches as well as verification of bank deposits.
2) To assist in any department in the store on an as needed basis.
3) To communicate any problems that occur in the evening to the store manager or the department managers.
4) To assist in all aspects of the grocery department including but not limited to building displays, merchandising, signage, collecting carts, and general stocking.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
1) Minimum requirement of a high school education. A college education is helpful but not required.
2) At least 1 year of management experience in a retail environment is required.
3) Must possess the ability to make critical decisions and to provide effective leadership.
4) Must possess excellent communication skills in order to deal with customers and other employees.
5) Must be able to lift up to fifty pounds (50 lbs.) approximately thirty percent (30%) of the time.
6) Must have the ability to retrieve and place merchandise on the top racks in the grocery aisles for proper storage. The top racking process may be 20% of the time working in the aisles during the shift.
7) Must have the ability to operate a pallet jack, step carts, and the "Big Joe".
Posting ID: 525027330Posted: 2020-10-06