CROWN Cork & Seal USA, Inc., a wholly owned company of Crown Holdings, Inc. is a global leader in the design, manufacture and sale of packaging products for consumer goods. At Crown, we are passionate about helping our customers build their brands and connect with consumers around the world. We do this by delivering innovative packaging that offers significant value for brand owners, retailers and consumers alike. With operations in 36 countries employing over 24,000 people and net sales of $8.3 billion, we are uniquely positioned to bring best practices in quality and manufacturing to our customers to drive their businesses locally and globally. Sustaining a leadership position requires us to build a team of highly talented, dedicated and driven individuals. Division Overview:
Crown's Beverage Division manufactures a variety of packaging solutions for soft drinks, craft beers, coffees and teas as well as new energy drinks. Crown Beverage leads the packaging industry with innovative technologies that redefine how the world looks at beverage cans. With a large printable surface area and a wide range of sizes, shapes and decorating options, our aluminum cans are the perfect packaging format to create compelling brand presence where it counts. Here is your chance to join the Crown Beverage Division. Location:
Bradley, IL. Position Overview:
The forklift operator works closely with the Plant Shipping Supervisor to ensure the packaging, handling, and shipment of a quality product that meets or exceeds customer expectations. Duties And Responsibilities:
Reporting directly to the Plant Shipping Supervisor, the Forklift Operators responsibilities would include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Responsibility of maintaining activities of transporting product, equipment, throughout the facility with a focus on optimizing Safety, Quality, Productivity and Spoilage.
- Ability to operate, safe operation, and the maintaining of forklifts.
- Communicates all pertinent information between departments and between shifts on changes to equipment, production schedules, production problems or any other related information.
- Works with department warehousing, scheduling, process supplying, and product shipments.
- Assists and trains and/or coaching of all new operators as needed or required.
- Applies skills, methods to improve plant production.
- Inspects products to ensure compliance to standards
- Contributes in maintaining quality and recommends modifications of existing quality or production standards to achieve optimal efficiencies.
- Complete and/or administer necessary documentation such as production sheets, pallet ticketing, scanning, monthly SAFE cards, accident/near miss/hazard reporting and process control sheets.
- Performs other job-related duties as required or assigned.
Job Requirements Qualifications:
In addition to the specific responsibilities listed above, the ideal candidate will possess the following:
- High School Education/GED
- 2-3 year(s) experience in warehousing and high speed manufacturing environment.
- Certified and at least three years of proven forklift experience.
- Must be available to work various shifts if needed and be able to work nights, weekends, and overtime to cover absences or provide additional support.
- OSHA/Forklift Trainer Certified
- Beverage Packaging industry experience
- Knowledge of AS400
- Problem solving skills through an individual and/or collaborative approach
- Ability to work independently or with a team.
- With consensus be able to look at new solutions and "think outside the box".
- Effective leadership skills such as conflict resolution, communication, decision making, etc.
- Demonstrated good relations skills and the ability to motivate or team with people.
- Excellent time management skills and multi-tasking.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Computer skills and working knowledge of various Microsoft programs (Excel, Word, Access, etc.).
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, use hands, reach with hands and arms, and may be required to balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The associate may lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Generally works in a warehouse or plant environment.
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate will be exposed to moving mechanical parts/product and vehicular traffic.
- The associate may be exposed to a wide range of temperatures.
- Production noise level is frequently loud.
Possible Equivalent Military Titles
- Logistician; Store Manager; Supply and Warehousing Manager; Transportation Manager; Transportation Maintenance Manager.
*Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions..
0 - 10%
Crown is an equal opportunity employer. Crown does not discriminate against any candidate or employee on the basis of race, national origin, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, religion, veteran status, or any other status protected by law.