The HR Business Partner is responsible for executing action items that support key projects and initiatives within the facility/group. Reporting to the HR Manager, the HR Business Partner is responsible for effective execution of human resources tactics in areas such as Talent Development, Talent Acquisition and Selection, Engagement, Recognition, Performance Management, Organizational Development, Training, Associate Relations, Compensation, Benefits, Wellness, Risk Safety, Labor Relations, Sustainability and Philanthropy. Job Responsibilities:
Execution of HR Activities and Programs
- Executes on assigned HR functions, accurately and timely.
- Leverages best practices and participates in collaboration within the region/group, and nationally.
- Executes on tactics supporting National HR programs within the facility, in accordance with National HR processes and programs.
- Builds effective working relationships with HR team.
- Completes reports and information requests accurately and timely.
- Maintains and updates HRIS records and associate files. Ensures associate files are complete and compliant.
- Submits information to payroll accurately and timely.
- Collaborates with HR colleagues to share best practices and leverage successes across the company. Supports peer networks across the company.
- Executes tactics to support core annual programs, such as performance objectives and goal setting, performance evaluations, compensation planning, talent assessment, succession planning, wellness, annual enrollment, etc.
- Executes tactics to support local programs for areas such as talent acquisition, engagement, recognition, training, wellness, and labor relations.
- Possesses working knowledge of HR policies and procedures as well as federal, state/province and local laws.
- Executes human resources tactics, including recordkeeping, talent acquisition, promotions, employee relations, terminations, exit interviews, etc. in accordance with Company procedures and applicable legal requirements.
- Provides transparency into work.
- Leverages network for learning when encountering a new challenge. Manages personal development following changes to company/region/facility/group strategy.
- Builds effective working relationships with business leaders.
- Leverages an understanding of business needs.
- Participates and collaborates in supervisor, management and staff meetings.
Talent Acquisition & Onboarding
- Responsible for implementing the workforce and talent agenda that attracts the right people in a competitive market and drives enterprise productivity.
- Performs talent acquisition activities, including sourcing, interviewing, and candidate selection. Tracks key recruiting performance metrics.
- Conducts new hire orientation, as assigned, and ensures that new associates are well informed of HR benefits, policies and programs.
- Deliver training programs, as assigned.
Engagement & Associate Relations
- Responsible for being a steward of the company culture.
- Ensures that associate questions are promptly and courteously resolved.
- Implements associate engagement events and activities, as assigned.
- Addresses associate concerns with open communication techniques. Communicates with associates in a timely and courteous manner. Escalates associate issues to HR Manager.
- Travel may be required, up to 10%.
- Performs other job duties as required.
- Bachelor's degree in business or related field
- PHR/SPHR/CHRL/CPHR Certification preferred
- 3-5 years of HR experience, or related field
- System Implementation Preferred
- Working knowledge of Federal, state/province and local employment laws
- Understanding of talent acquisition techniques, including recruitment, interviewing skills, and selection
- Understanding of compensation and benefit policies and programs, employee relations practices
- Excellent communications skills, written and verbal
- Analytical skills
- Action Oriented
- Communicating Effectively
- Demonstrating Initiative
- Displaying Confidence and Composure
- Assessing and Understanding People
- Delivering High Quality Work
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. UNFI is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive and respectful environment for all. - M/F/Veteran/Disability. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Posting ID: 549135839Posted: 2020-07-14