Looking to join a rapidly growing company? We are seeking a Clinic Registered Nurse (RN) to join our organization!
As a company we pride ourselves on providing high quality care to the patients we serve. Candidates must enjoy working with an underserved population and be willing to work in a county jail facility where patient and staff safety is of high importance. The Registered Nurse will provide care under the direction of the Nursing Director and Medical Provider.
- Part-Time covering the Wilkin County Jail (Breckenridge)
- Or Full-Time option with a float to Traverse County Jail (Wheaton)
- Rotating weekends and holidays on-call, triage phone only
- Coordinates the care of the patients at the county correctional facility utilizing MEnD Correctional Care’s nursing policies, procedures, and protocols. Processes include assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of inmate’s health issues.
- Collaborates and communicates effectively with the MEnD team of medical providers, nurses, and mental health specialists. Also communicating between the medical unit and the correctional staff in the facilities we serve.
- Accountable for the daily documentation, tracking, procedures, orders, medications, and follow-up of the patient’s care.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge of the RN position
- Maintains a professional appearance.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related tasks, being a member of the MEnD team, and assisting with expansion of the MEnD health philosophy
- Other various duties as assigned within the scope of the position
- Ability to provide independent, critical thinking skills necessary for the nursing role in the county facility's setting.
- Understand and possess pharmacology, safety, and nursing skills necessary to perform the nurse role.
- Must be able to deal effectively with difficult patients at times.
- Ability to learn the security features needed to work safely in this setting which includes secured doors and radio communications.
- Demonstrates ability to adjust medical techniques to accommodate the needs of the specialized population of the patients. This includes communication between medical staff and county staff about the care of the patients while understanding and adjusting for the unique security issues of the county facility
- Valid Minnesota Registered Nurse license
- Basic Life Support (CPR) Certified
- Competitive salary.
- Excellent opportunity for professional growth
- Comprehensive Benefit Package (Medical, Dental, 401K, Vision, Vol Life, and more)
Keywords: Health Care, Nursing, Full Time, Clinic, Clinical, Patient Care, Health, Care, Registered Nurse, New Grad., float, RN
Powered by JazzHR
Posting ID: 599774660Posted: 2021-01-15