This role is located in Plymouth, Indiana.
Who We Are:
Indiana Wheel Company (IWC) is a start-up manufacturing company specializing in the production of steel wheels for the Trailer and RV industries. IWC was created out of a joint-venture of global leaders with a core focus on innovative and automated steel wheel system solutions worldwide.
Do you want to be a part of a start-up operation with excellent foundational support from global leaders, where you can make an immediate contribution, add value, and help build a great company?
If so, then IWC has a place for you!
What We Offer:
- Exciting innovative, collaborative, and team-oriented work environment
- Challenging and progressive career development
- Competitive salaries
- Excellent Comprehensive Health & Wellness programs
- Best practice PTO policies and paid holidays
- Open communication, recognition programs, and team-building events
- And much more to motivated, results-oriented individuals who want to make a real difference in their community and role
What You'll Do:
As a Maintenance Technician, you will perform general to advanced maintenance and repairs to ensure a safe work environment and provide a high-level of operational readiness within the facility.
Your Accountabilities in the Role:
- Performs preventative & predictive maintenance, repairs, and improvements for production equipment and facility operations to ensure safe, effective and efficient operations.
- Troubleshoots mechanical, hydraulic, electrical (high voltage), and pneumatic equipment including presses, shears, welders, overhead cranes, electrical systems, as well as air and water lines, ensuring safe, timely resources or repair are complete to minimize downtime.
- Maintains positive relationships and interfaces with a variety of personnel throughout the company to provide optimal support.
- Participates in Lean initiatives and implements enhancements to continuously improve the manufacturing processes.
- Manages work in a high-quality and efficient way, ensuring timely and accurate completion.
- Performs welding and fabrication activities to repair or enhance equipment in a safe and effective way to ensure production goals are met.
- Education: High School diploma with specialized training or coursework in Industrial Maintenance preferred
- Experience: 2+ years of maintenance experience within a production environment; prior experience within a Robotics and PLC Controls manufacturing environment is also beneficial.
- Certification(s): N/A
- Functional Skills: Strong knowledge of mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, with a strength in electrical, PLC controls and robotics. Ability to work safely on high-voltage electrical circuits, along with forklift and overhead crane experience required; Working knowledge of safety requirements in the maintenance field is also important; Welding, plasma cutting, and torch experience preferred; Fundamental understanding of Arc Flash plant requirements. Ability to read engineering prints and understand schematics is also preferred. The position also requires a solid problem-solver; someone who pays close attention to detail and has the ability to plan, prioritize & utilize time efficiently. Solid understanding of ISO/Quality Systems, Safety, Lean manufacturing, and 5S preferred.
- Technology Aptitude/Skills: Good PC skills, competency in MS Office programs (email, word processing, spreadsheets). Prior experience with AutoCAD beneficial.
- Language Skills: Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Leadership/Behaviors: Ability to work independently and is safety-minded to create and maintain a safety culture within the building, quality driven/focused; collaborative; solid communicator; someone who is flexible, agile and able to move from project to project effectively to meet production goals and support a startup operation.
- Culture Match Behaviors: Fair, firm, respectful, and steady personality who handles situations with optimism yet holds people accountable; good listener who can be flexible and invoke great ideas to make the best decisions.
Other Important Information:
Salary: Salary is commensurate with proven expertise.
And, the compensation will grow as the team member grows!
Reports To: Director of Quality, Maintenance & Engineering
Core Hours: 1st Shift: 8:00 am 4:00 pm; 3rd shift : 12:00 am 8:00 am (typically an 8 hour shift)
Typical Work Week: M-F; some weekends & OT required (when applicable); 45 hours a week on average
Direct Reports: 0
Posting ID: 546840392Posted: 2020-07-06