Before and After School Group Leader
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit committed to strengthening community through
youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. This position will develop, organize and coordinate
high quality YMCA program(s).
Our mission and core values are brought to life by our culture. In the Y, we strive to live our cause of
strengthening communities with purpose and intentionality every day. We are welcoming: we are open to all.
We are a place where you can belong and become. We are genuine: we value you and embrace your
individuality. We are hopeful: we believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are
nurturing: we support you in your journey to develop your full potential. We are determined: above all else,
we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you.
1. Follow general direction and perform other duties as assigned by the Site Director
2. Ensure the individual needs of the children are met within the program guidelines.
3. Utilize sound judgment and discretionary skills in accordance with the Gateway Region YMCA policies.
4. Maintain positive relationships with many diverse people, including staff, parents, volunteers and program
site administration and demonstrate strong public relation skills.
5. Ensure YMCA policies and guidelines are followed at all times.
6. Maintain an environment that ensures children's safety and well-being.
7. Plan and implement developmentally appropriate activities.
8. May serve as support staff based on needs of program participants, ensuring approved levels of support,
assistance, and record keeping.
9. Ensure child-receiving support is fully included in all site activities, as much as is reasonable to expect,
based upon the level of documented ability.
10. Provide children opportunities to build self-help and independence skills.
11. Ensure zero tolerance for abuse and actively participate in the protection of youth and teens.
12. Performs all other duties assigned.
The YMCA Welcomes a Diverse Workforce
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
For sites with 16 or less children, must be 17 years of age (will work alongside a licensed
approved 18+ staff member).
For site with more than 16 children must be 18 years of age
At least 1 year of experience working with children
Ability to relate to children, parents, staff members and volunteers
Follow directions, have strong leadership skills and be self-motivated
WORK ENVIRONMENT & PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
Physical Mobility: walking, climbing, stairs, standing, kneeling, bending, leaning, stooping and sitting for
extended periods of time.
Physical Dexterity: ability to use telephone, computer, electronic equipment, exercise equipment, office
equipment (fax, copier, stapler, etc.), tools and machinery as needed.
Lifting: ability to lift up to 50 pounds.
Sensory Requirements: ability to hear, listen, speak, smell, touch, taste, see and distinguish colors.
Ability to speak concisely and effectively communicate.
Visual and auditory ability to respond to critical situations and physical ability to act swiftly in an emergency.
Posting ID: 563978501Posted: 2020-09-30