Aquatics- Lifeguard Part TimeBayer YMCAPOSITION SUMMARY:
This position supports the work of the Y, a leading nonprofit, charitable organization committed to strengthening community through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. The Lifeguard creates a safe and positive atmosphere that welcomes and respects all individuals while promoting and maintain safe swimming conditions in the pool, deck and surrounding areas in accordance with YMCA policies and procedures. OUR CULTURE:
Our mission and core values are brought to life by our culture. In the Y, we strive to live our cause of strengthening communities with purpose and intentionality every day. We are welcoming:
we are open to all. We are a place where you can belong and become. We are genuine:
we value you and embrace your individuality. We are hopeful:
we believe in you and your potential to become a catalyst in the world. We are nurturing:
we support you in your journey to develop your full potential. We are determined:
above all else, we are on a relentless quest to make our community stronger beginning with you. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
- Maintains active surveillance of the pool area.
- Knows and reviews all emergency procedures and responds to emergency situations immediately in accordance with YMCA policies, procedures, and the "safe-in-six" model; completes related reports as required.
- Responds to challenges with possible solutions in a timely manner.
- Knows, understands, and consistently applies safety rules, policies, and guidelines for the pool and aquatic area.
- Remains calm and objective when under pressure or when challenged by others.
- Maintains accurate records as required by the YMCA and/or the state health department code.
- Performs equipment checks and ensures appropriate equipment is available as needed.
- Checks the pool for hazardous conditions when arriving.
- Performs chemical testing when not guarding, as required, and takes appropriate action.
Posting ID: 572641422Posted: 2020-10-29