The receptionist is responsible to greet and direct all visitors to the Company's corporate offices during normal business hours. The receptionist is also responsible for receiving and processing all items delivered to the Company's office and for delivering incoming mail to office personnel and processing all outgoing mail and other materials. This position also performs other duties, which can be effectively performed at the receptionist work station, as assigned.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Courteously welcomes and assists all visitors as they arrive at the corporate offices. Contacts employees to let them know the visitor has arrived.
- Receives all incoming mail, packages, and plans. Ensures packages and plans are returned.
- Opens and closes corporate offices at the beginning and end of each business day.
- Coordinates the pick-up of all outgoing express packages.
- May sort Monday morning mail for morning delivery.
- Publishes monthly birthday list and purchases monthly birthday treats for office personnel birthday celebration.
- Programs phone extensions for new office hires and extension changes.
- Prepares monthly listings, logs, and correspondence as assigned.
- Ensures packaging supplies are well stocked.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Communication, Verbal: Expresses self clearly and effectively when talking with individuals and groups. Demonstrates poise and mastery of language in expressing self.
- Contacts: Initiates contact with strangers easily.
- Customer Service Orientation: Is responsive to service requests and issues. Follows up issues timely to ensure effective resolution.
- Information Retrieval: Develops a system that provides access to specific information. Shows ability to retrieve and deliver information.
- Integrity: Maintains the high standards of ethics, conduct and organizational policies in job-related activities.
- Interpersonal Relations: Maintains effective relationships with others. Uses tact. Is sensitive to feelings and needs of others. Shows ability to solve human grievances.
- Multi-Tasks: Is able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Flexibility: Willing to modify plans and behavior when necessary to meet a goal.
- Professionalism: Displays professional appearance and conduct. Makes a good impression on others.
- The ability to operate telephone console and other office equipment, such as computer, printer, copier, and fax.
- Ability to perform essential duties and responsibilities efficiently, accurately, and safely, with or without reasonable accommodation, and without posing a threat of harm to self or others.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to perform light clerical work, such as typing, filing, and sorting.
- Ability to type 40 wpm.
- Ability to understand and convey basic Spanish commands, questions, and instructions.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES FOR ALL- Layton Construction embraces federal employment guidelines regarding equal opportunity and affirmative action.It is the policy of Layton Construction to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees. Layton Construction is an affirmative action employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status in any condition of employment including, but not limited to, recruitment, hiring, training and promotion.
Posting ID: 583125508Posted: 2020-11-03