Position Purpose and Summary:
The Assistant General Manager ("AGM") assists the General Manager ("GM") or Multi-Unit General Manager ("MUGM") in managing hotel day-to-day operations, assures optimum performance and continual improvement in guest satisfaction (GREAT, FRESH, Making it Right) and associate satisfaction. The AGM is hands on in managing the hourly staff, including scheduling, directing and overseeing their daily activities and training. The AGM is expected to provide leadership to the staff to promote an exceptional workplace. The AGM also must ensure that safety and security procedures are in place in accordance with company guidelines and standards for all associates and guests.
Major/Key Job Duties:
* Demonstrates and promotes 100% commitment to providing the best possible experience for our guests.
* Become trained in all managerial functions and operations at the hotel level.
* Ensures all associates are trained and complete required training timely. The associate must promote compliance with company policies and procedures, including but not limited to the prompt reporting of all safety and security issues directly to the manager or to the appropriate authorities.
* Upholds and drives compliance with policies, rules, and standards (including but not limited to the safety and security guidelines) at the property level.
* Ensure associates at the property are driving company initiatives to increase revenue, lower costs and increase guest and associate satisfaction.
* Serves as first level of management contact for guest service issues. Resolves guest issues in a timely manner and determines whether to escalate to GM/MUGM as needed.
* The AGM must demonstrate professionalism and embrace ESA's service culture and treat all guest and associates with the utmost of respect and kindness.
* Daily interaction with the guests to identify quality lead generation and assist guests with future travel needs.
* Assists in maximizing revenues and flow through to GOP to meet or exceed budgeted EBITDA.
* Assists the GM/MUGM with interviewing, onboarding and training new associates.
* Direct supervision/involvement with all associates to promote a positive work environment through team work, energy, enthusiasm and recognition.
* Actively involved in the daily team meeting and interacts with the staff to foster continuous improvement, needed guidance, encouragement and corrective action when necessary.
* Assists the GM in budgetary control measures, including labor monitoring, room expense control and maintaining PAR levels through Daily Visual Management.
* Ensures associates have the necessary tools to execute their jobs on an ongoing basis.
* Serves as the manager on duty in the absence of the GM/MUGM.
* Inspects guest rooms.
* Provides other relief, or back-up duties as needed at the hotel including front desk coverage, housekeeping, and other duties when needed to ensure optimum operation of the hotel.
* Responsible for managing purchase order process, ordering and receiving products in a timely manner.
* Assists GM/MUGM in monitoring cash management, in-house guest balances and direct bill receivables compliance.
* Assists with hotel sales activities when needed.
* Actively reviews and monitors social media websites to ensure timely and appropriate responses.
* Ensures that clean rooms, guest and associate satisfaction are top priorities.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities & Competencies:
* Able to comprehend fundamental instructions, write short correspondence, and memos. Solid English skills with regard to reading, writing and verbal communication to be able to communicate effectively with guests, associates, and outside vendors.
* Ability to operate the property management system technology. Requires the ability to work through all shift reports and performing the audit function when necessary.
* Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals
* Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions.
* Supervisory skills to oversee daily activities of 8 to 15 hourly staff.
* Ability to organize multiple priorities to ensure that daily operations are performed at peak efficiency.
Environmental Job Requirements:
* While performing the duties of this job, the associate is regularly required to remain stationary; navigate the hotel and parking lot; reach, handle, and detect tools, objects and controls; and detect scent and sounds.
* Occasionally bend, kneel or crouch.
* Occasionally push, pull, lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
* While performing the duties of this job, the associate frequently works in outside weather conditions (depending on hotel).
* The associate occasionally works in wet humid conditions (non-weather related), near moving mechanical parts, in the presence of fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals and risk of electrical shock.
* The work environment typically will be at moderate to loud noise levels.
* The associate may be asked to travel to help additional locations within a reasonable geography, or to cover additional sites during another manager's absence.
* Prior hotel experience in a hospitality or retail establishment is required.
* High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Prior supervisory experience is preferred.
* Demonstrated leadership ability is desired.
* Some job-related college level courses preferred.
ESA Management, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of ESA Management, LLC to treat applicants and associates in all aspects of the employment relationship without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy, age (as defined under applicable law), national origin or ancestry, disability status, veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled