Maplewood Senior Living, an innovative, forward-thinking senior living provider, strives to inspire our associates to learn, develop, and succeed. As we continue to grow, we are seeking devoted and caring Lifestyle Assistant (Activity Assistant) to become part of our family.
Maplewood at Newtown is currently hiring Per Diem Lifestyle Assistants for our growing community. Daytime & Weekend Availability a Must!
We offer: ✦ Competitive wages ✦ Flexible shifts ✦ Bonus & incentive programs ✦ Paid training ✦ Growth opportunities
Maplewood at Newtown, 166 Mount Pleasant Rd. Newtown, CT - just minutes from Danbury!
Lifestyle Assistant will assist the Lifestyle Director with the coordination and implementation of all programs and ensuring that it is therapeutic to the residents and maximizes their quality of life. Maplewood Senior Living offers a full range of social, physical, cognitive, emotional, spiritual and purposeful programs to meet overall well-being of our residents. The Lifestyle Assistant shall make every effort to meet the comprehensive needs and interests of all the residents.
- Must possess a passion for working with the senior population and improving their quality of life
- Provide outstanding customer service to all residents, family members, responsible persons, and visitors of residents in the community
- Personable, reliable, great communicator and team player
- Creative, energetic, enthusiastic, patient, flexible, encouraging, and team-oriented
- Create a positive atmosphere with an engaging variety of activities
- Plans, schedule, and leads, recreational programs to meet the needs of all of our residents.
- Assist with planning the monthly calendar
- Assist with planning and implementation of special events
- Provide an afternoon social or Happy hour daily
- Successfully worked within Lifestyle budgetary guidelines regarding entertainment, and supplies
- Requires an associate degree from an accredited college or university or satisfactory completion of two years of college, with a major work in recreation, occupational therapy, gerontology or related field, or two years of full-time experience in the recreation field with an adult population
- Experience in an environment which focuses on dementia care, preferred
- Excellent communication, organization and time management skills
- Basic typing skills and computer knowledge: familiarity with MS Word, Excel, Publisher and creative software
- Driver requirements; valid driver's license with good driving record. May be required to take a driving test
Maplewood Senior Living conducts pre-employment screening including background check, drug screening and reference checks.
- Some college or better
- High School or better
- Microsoft Word
- Enthusiastic: Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest
- Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
- Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
- Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Posting ID: 605658301Posted: 2021-02-21