The goal of the program is to provide support to individuals who are in isolation due to being at high-risk for contracting Covid-19. This program will provide enhanced case management and service delivery to these individuals in a 24-7 facility that will provide a safe, therapeutic environment for this population. The Community Support Specialist (CSS) will provide supplies and supportive services to individuals who are in isolation as part of a rotating schedule. This includes staggering schedules for laundry, bathroom and ensuring that food and basic needs are met. The community support specialist works independently towards these goals, in consultation with the program director as needed.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide overview of room and operation as participants move in.
- Deliver boxed meals to each room during scheduled meal times.
- Adheres to isolation and sanitation protocols.
- Complete daily wellness calls.
- Develop schedules for staggering people to be able to leave the room and be in open spaces.
- Develop activities that can reduce the stressors of isolation.
- Ensure screenings occur and protocol is followed for any participant who may disclose Covid related symptoms.
- Maintenance of progress notes in the CHS database and creation/maintenance of paper records.
- Generates statistical and written reports as requested by her/his supervisor.
- Communicate with the CHS staff, other service providers and landlord/building management as needed and appropriate regarding participant issues.
- Assist other homeless assistance staff, both management and program, as needed.
Benefits and Perks
- Excellent Benefits Package:
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- 401(k) w/ match
- Company Paid - Life Insurance, Short Term Disability, and Long Term Disability
- Generous Paid Time Off - 23 days your first full year in addition to paid holidays.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 1 year experience in the social service field or 2 years case management/service coordination desired
- Sound interpersonal and problem solving skills
- Sensitivity towards individuals and families in need of program services, especially those with behavioral, mental and physical health barriers
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to set priorities and work autonomously
- Ability to maintain professional boundaries
- Ability to schedule and manage multiple job responsibilities efficiently and effectively
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Powered by JazzHR
Posting ID: 555014337Posted: 2020-05-28