As a Community Accountant you are generally responsible for assisting the Controller with community-related accounting processes. You can communicate effectively and deliver results as required under direct supervision.
What you will do in this role:
- Apply principles of accounting to record financial information and prepare financial reports.
- Compile financial information, prepare entries to accounts such as general ledger accounts and document business transactions.
- Distribute expenditures, receipts, and receivables according to established process.
- Perform statistical analysis to determine trends, estimates and significant changes and write narrative to document findings.
- Analyze financial information detailing assets, liabilities, and capital. Prepare balance sheet, profit and loss statement and other reports to summarize and interpret current and projected financial position.
- Determines proper handling of financial transactions and approves transactions within defined limits.
- Monitors compliance with generally accepted accounting principles and company procedures.
- Reviews, investigates, and corrects errors and inconsistencies in financial entries, documents, and reports.
- Act as liaison between finance department and community leadership team.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor's degree in accounting or in Business with 1 - 2 years of related accounting experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Skilled in financial and numeric data.
- Familiar with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and quality standards
- Advanced computer skills with expertise in Microsoft Windows Office Applications, including Excel, Outlook, Word, and PowerPoint
- Strong work ethic, curiosity, flexibility and/or creative problem solving/process improvement.
- Excellent work habits, including a willingness to work extra hours as necessary to complete tasks and meet important deadlines.
ABOUT BALFOUR SENIOR LIVING
Founded in 1997, Balfour Senior Living has received national and international recognition for the quality of its exterior architecture and its elegant interior design marked by the use of a vibrant color palette and a diverse collection of fine art. With round-the-clock nursing coverage and an extensive activity program, Balfour's quality of care and life enrichment programming makes the company a leader in the growing world of senior housing. Since the first community opened in Louisville, Colorado in 1999, Balfour has grown to include nine communities in the Denver Metro area and one in Ann Arbor, Michigan. From its inception, Balfour Senior Living has sought to be the most admired senior living company in the United States.
Balfour Senior Living is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) complying with state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment and providing equal employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, genetic information, or racial status. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, discharge, termination, layoff, recall, transfers, compensation, benefits, and training.
Posting ID: 600694382Posted: 2021-01-27