Wagner & Zwerman LLP is a dynamic, mid-size public accounting firm located in Melville, Long Island and due to our firm's continuous growth, we are looking for a full-time Senior Auditor to join our stellar team of professionals.
This position has career growth potential if you can provide timely, accurate and reliable completion of client engagements, while ensuring delivery is consistent with partner and client expectations. This role requires the ability to create raving fans of our clients by asking the right questions, being an excellent listener and communicator, and providing creative solutions through targeted resources and your technical expertise.
If you are self-motivated, professional , and interested in working in a growing company, then this position is for you!
What are the Essential Functions of the job?
- Review and prepare audited financial statements with full footnote disclosure in accordance with GAAP and /or modified basis of accounting.
- Knowledge of Audit Planning and Risk Assessment.
- Prepare quarterly financial reports and related schedules for presentation at Board of Trustee Meetings.
- Experience running audit engagements, communicating with clients, delegating and overseeing staff assignments.
- Report on asset utilization and audit results, and recommend changes in operations and financial activities.
- Collect and analyze data to detect deficient controls, duplicated effort, extravagance, fraud, or non-compliance with laws, regulations, and management policies.
- Inspect accounting books and accounting systems for efficiency, effectiveness, and use of accepted accounting procedures to record transactions.
- Prepare, analyze, and verify annual reports, financial statements, and other records, using accepted accounting and statistical procedures to assess financial condition and facilitate financial planning.
- Review data about material assets, net worth, liabilities, surplus, income, and expenditures.
- Examine and evaluate financial and information systems, recommending controls to ensure system reliability and data integrity.
- Examine records and interview workers to ensure recording of transactions and compliance with laws and regulations.
- Produce up-to-the-minute information, using internal computer systems, to allow management to base decisions on actual, not historical, data.
- Direct activities of personnel engaged in filing, recording, compiling, and transmitting financial records.
What are the requirements?
- Required Experience:
- 5 years of auditing experience
- CPA a plus
Any other qualifications that WZ is looking for?
- Strong analytical skills and ability to think "outside the box".
- Self-motivation and discipline to regularly set and achieve work goals.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to maintain a professional, positive, and affable demeanor, as well as a sense of humor, under pressure and to a variety of people.
- Ability to juggle competing demands and priorities and manage time well (both self and others) even when time is short.
- Excellent communication skills, with ability to communicate clearly and concisely both verbally and in writing, as well as proofread and edit documents for grammar and readability.
- Dependability and outstanding organizational ability with focused attention to detail and follow through.
- Ability to use strong judgment in making independent decisions that affect others.
- Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite - including strong Outlook - as well as proficiency using Gmail, Google Drive, and both Mac and PC products and applications).
Not the job for you? Know someone that might be a good fit? Please send them the link to this job! Thanks very much!
Who is WZ?
For over 55 years , Wagner & Zwerman LLP has been providing quality accounting and financial services to clients across the globe. Today, WZ provides their clients with services that follow "The WZ Way" - an uncommon, refreshing way of viewing a client's financials with the client's best interests in mind.
Check out their website , but you have to come back here to apply to this job!
Why would I want to work for WZ?
Most accounting firms are about the numbers, financial statements, tax filings... it's true. WZ is also about the numbers. That's where most accounting firms end. For WZ, it's just the beginning! WZ believes that the professional and personal success of their employees directly translates to the success of the business.
Working at WZ provides unlimited growth potential along with a competitive compensation and benefits package. They also offer flexible hours to accommodate a work-life balance. The WZ office is brand new with state-of-the-art technology and the building offers a restaurant and a gym.
At WZ your professional career trajectory is limitless.