Installs carpets/flooring by planning and preparing installations; cutting, placing, and seaming materials; resolving customer concerns; maintaining safe working conditions; maintaining records.
* Plans carpet/flooring installations by reviewing installation orders; studying scale drawing; determining carpet/flooring quantities, quantities per dye lot, roll sequence, pattern alignment, edge treatments, adhesives, moldings, and seaming; coordinating schedules with customers.
* Prepares for carpet/flooring installations by gathering equipment, supplies, and tools; retrieving carpets/flooring from storage; inspecting carpets/flooring for damage; following proper carpet/flooring handling guidelines.
* Installs carpet/flooring by determining and adjusting temperature and humidity; examining, correcting, and preparing subfloor conditions; unrolling and relaxing carpeting; laying-out and cutting materials; aligning pile and pattern; trimming and sealing seam edges; applying adhesives and tackstrips; stretching carpets; completing finishes at wall lines; installing transition moldings.
* Cleans-up installation by removing scraps; vacuuming/mopping floors.
* Obtains customer approval by resolving questions during installation; listening to and correcting customer's concerns; obtaining signatures.
* Maintains customer rapport by answering questions.
* Maintains safe work environment by following safe practices; eliminating hazards; adhering to codes, regulations, and standards; maintaining ventilation.
* Maintains records by documenting installation.
* Keeps supplies ready by inventorying stock; placing orders; verifying receipt.
* Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading manufacturers' publications.
* Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Verbal Communication, Listening, Estimating, Customer Focus, Equipment Maintenance, Basic Safety, Functional and Technical Skills, Action Oriented, Time Management, Attention to Detail, Customer Service
Posting ID: 559223904Posted: 2020-08-04