Sr. Maintenance Technician
The Office & Operations is in Bristol, Indiana. The person for this role will live near this area.
Who We Are:
Brinco Manufacturing Incorporated is a start-up Steel Manufacturing company looking to provide innovative high-quality products to their customers. Start your meaningful career today with a company that cares about their team, customers and their social responsibilities! Do you want to be a part of a start-up operation with excellent foundational support, where you can make a contribution, add value and help create a great company?
Then, Brinco has a place for you!
What We Offer:
- Casual, fun, collaborative, and caring work environment
- Onsite fitness
- Onsite cafeteria
- Challenging and progressive career development
- Employee assistance program and education assistance
- Competitive pay practices
- Comprehensive health & wellness programs
- Best practice paid time off policies and holiday pay
- Open communication, recognition programs, and team-building events
- And much more to motivated, results-oriented individuals who want to make a real difference
What You'll Do:
As the Sr. Maintenance Tech, you will perform more complex maintenance and repairs, as well as mentor and train technicians, to ensure a safe and high-level of operation within the facilities.
- Troubleshoots more complex mechanical, hydraulic, electrical, and pneumatic equipment within the facilities including overhead cranes, electrical systems, as well as air and water lines, ensuring safe, timely resources or repair are complete to minimize downtime.
- Manages, coordinates and tracks regularly scheduled preventative and predictive maintenance in a safe, high-quality and efficient way, ensuring timely and accurate completion.
- Coordinates and assigns work to maintenance team or external resources, ensuring projects are completed in a safe, high-quality and efficient way to meet production goals.
- Performs welding and fabrication activities to repair or enhance equipment in a safe and effective way to ensure production goals are met.
- Provides training and mentoring to the maintenance team on more complex repairs in a way that will assist others to grow within the team and meet production goals.
- Education: High School diploma with specialized training or coursework in Industrial Maintenance preferred
- Experience: 4+ years of maintenance experience within a Heavy Industry production environment; prior experience within a Robotics and PLC Controls manufacturing environment are also needed.
- Certification(s): N/A
- Functional Skills: Advanced knowledge of mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic, with a strength in electrical, PLC controls and robotics. Ability to work safely on high-voltage electrical circuits, along with forklift and overhead crane experience required; Working knowledge of safety requirements in the maintenance field is also important; Welding, plasma cutting, and torch experience preferred; Fundamental understanding of Arc Flash plant requirements. Ability to read prints and understand schematics is also required. The position also requires a solid problem-solver/decision maker; someone who pays close attention to detail and has the ability to plan, prioritize & utilize time efficiently. Solid understanding of ISO/Quality Systems, Safety, Lean thinking, and 5S preferred.
- Technology Aptitude/Skills: Good PC skills; experience with AutoCAD and ERP systems would be helpful
- Language Skills: Good written and verbal communication skills
- Leadership/Behaviors: Ability to work independently and is safety-minded to create and maintain a safety culture within the building, quality driven/focused; collaborative; solid communicator with the ability to mentor/train others as needed; someone who is flexible, agile and able to move project to project or Shift effectively to meet production goals and support a startup operation.
- Culture Match Behaviors: Respectful, honest, and steady personality who handles situations with optimism yet holds people accountable; good listener who can be flexible and invoke great ideas to make the best decisions and agile to move from project to project, or department, to help the organization grow and develop.
Other Important Information:
Pay Programs: Pay is commensurate with proven expertise!
- And, the compensation will grow as the team member grows!
Reports To: Maintenance Supervisor
Core Hours: 7:00 am 4:30 pm; flexible to work in other shifts if needed.
Typical Work Week: M-F; some weekends required; 45 50 hours a week on average.
Direct Reports: N/A; Works with other departments as needed.
Work Conditions: Office environment; heat in the winter, semi-controlled temperature in the summer, PPE, Metatarsal steel-toed shoes required, safety glasses, hard hat, ear plugs, moving mech equip., around welding, etc.