Under the general guidance of the Director of Manufacturing, this position is responsible for managing and supervising the manufacturing team within the facility. Making sure all employees are held accountable for safety, quality, and productivity. Clearly defining the expectations for all levels of production including, supervisors and line leads. Motivate, drive and mentor production staff to exceed production goals.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Manage all production operations for the Overnight Shift
- Manages work assignments in staffing, scheduling, coordinating, and planning of personnel engaged in manufacturing engineering activities in order to meet customer requirements.
- Oversees the development and implementation of manufacturing processes to maintain proper product functionality as well as cost efficiency through development and implementation of product assembly labor standards and work instructions, line layouts, properly designed and maintained tools and fixtures.
- Monitors employee job performance such as attendance, quality, and productivity.
- Ensures that all assigned personnel are properly trained and cross-trained as required.
- Reviews equipment maintenance logs to ensure that operational performance is maintained.
- Encourages and nurtures a culture of continuous improvement activities such as Lean, Six Sigma, and Kaizen.
- Develop, implement, and monitor written polices, processes, and procedures to maximize the effectiveness of the manufacturing operation and assigned staff.
- Interfaces with all support functions such as quality, design engineering, materials, and production control to ensure that products are produced with the highest level of quality at the lowest cost and delivered to the customer on time.
- Follows all policies and procedures in a legal and ethical manner.
· Ensures all employees are being held accountable but with the highest respect
· Ability to mentor production staff
- Cleary defines the expectations to supervisors, leads and employees.
- Ensure adherence to the production schedule
- Ability to Lead a team of at least 4 direct reports and 85 employees
- Ensure that all assignments are performed in compliance with all applicable Federal, State, Provincial and Company safety and health regulations, and where applicable, proper personal protective equipment is utilized
- Train and educate all associates to operate their positions in a safe and alert manner
- Ensure all employees are wearing the correct personal protective equipment.
- Ability to work with Compliance and Maintenance teams to ensure a safe work environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in industrial engineering or related field.
- 6 plus years of progressive experience in manufacturing operations preferably in the mechanical manufacturing industry.
- Ability to lead and manage a dynamic team of individuals.
- Working knowledge of production assembly processes, six sigma, lean, and kaizen activities, as well as, appropriate SOP standards applicable to the facility assigned.
- Experience with the suite of Microsoft Office Suite of programs such as Word, Excel, and Power Point.
We are a fast paced and growing manufacturing company based in Philadelphia. PA. As a Company, we strive to create an exceptional experience for our customers, community, and business partners by creating Top Quality Products.
Posting ID: 593330242Posted: 2021-02-26