Looking for a motivated Deli Associate to join our team. This position offers a set schedule with 24 hours per week. (more hours may be available)
Shift: 6 am to 2 pm
Tuesday - Wednesday - Thursday one week.
Wednesday - Saturday - Sunday the following week.
Competitive Wages ~ Great Employee Benefits
The Deli Associate is responsible for proper food preparation, following kitchen safety techniques and health standards. They
prepare food, stock deli coolers, keep areas clean, net and stocked and provides excellent customer service.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: (not listed in any particular order)
Note: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements
listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required and are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all
duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with this job.
- Prepare food such as Sandwiches, Pizza, Bakery, Chicken, Subs, & Tacos and any other menu items listed for the location.
- Keep deli coolers stocked with fresh produce and ingredients for prepping food.
- Maintain a clean and inviting environment in the store's food areas, deli and other areas of consumption such as coffee, bakery and beverage machine areas as applicable.
- Must be friendly, approachable and willing to talk with customers while greeting and taking food orders.
- Must provide excellent customer service by delivering quality food in a timely, courteous fashion.
- Show attention to detail, Deli Associates have to understand the disassembly/assembly of all deli equipment for safety and cleanliness. Report any malfunctions, damages or issues to the Deli Manager.
- Follow standards and cooking methods provided by Deli Manager.
- Follow and understand work schedules, stocking shipments, cleaning schedules and keep the deli and food areas organized. Rotate stock and assist with keeping the department maintained to company and health standards.
- Discard food according to the time charts, ensuring food is labeled with times and dates properly.
- Make sure all write-offs are documented. Keep waste at a minimum.
- Employee must demonstrate safe work and risk management practices. Attend monthly safety and security meetings and sign the attendance sheet. Report all safety and security issues. Report and process all employee and/or customer incidents or unsafe acts in accordance with Farmers Union Oil Company's policy and procedure.
- Ensure that confidentiality of data collected and stored are maintained
- Utilizes plus-selling techniques as directed by the Store Manager.
- Employee is expected to set priorities and meet deadlines. Employee is responsible for planning and carrying out assignments, informing and coordinating with others as expected. Employee is accountable for insuring the technical accuracy of their work and maintaining good working relations, both internal and external to Farmers Union Oil Company. Self-direction and motivation are also expected.
- Must meet performance expectations.
- Must complete all duties as assigned.
- Must be able to use effective time management techniques and complete orders and tasks in a reasonable amount of time.
- Must be willing to Help Fuel desk with maintaining the coffee & deli bar.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE:
- Incredible customer service skills & the ability to create and maintain a customer focused culture
- Ability to work at a fast pace
- Ability to complete basic mathematic functions; add, subtract, multiply, divide
- A basic knowledge of food safety standards
- Must be able to work flexible schedule of nights, days, weekends, and holidays
- Retail sales background
- Operate an electronic cash register and computer
ANY SPECIAL REQUIREMENTS:
- The physical ability to immediately respond to emergency situations
- Some stores may require employees to be at least 16 years of age or higher depending on the state's laws on operating kitchen equipment and the store's state regulations.
- Exceptions can be made in some cases if there is parental written consent and it's acceptable to the store's state regulations.
- Some stores may require employees to be at least 18 years of age or higher depending on the sale of alcohol and the store's state regulations.
- Ability to stand for long hours
- 16 years or older
- Legally authorized to work in the United States
Posting ID: 574107349Posted: 2020-10-31