As a key member of the Leadership Team, the General Manager will report to the Executive Vice President and assume a strategic role for overseeing and directing all dealership location operating activities. As a leader of people, this position must lead by example, develop an engaged team that is committed to providing the highest level of customer service and promoting our organization as the dealership and employer of choice. Primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the day-to-day responsibility for leading, planning, implementing, managing and controlling all department related activities of the location. This will include direct responsibility for hiring, developing, engaging and managing all department teams, strategic planning, risk management, contracted services and relationships with third-party vendors.
ESSENTIAL POSITION FUNCTIONS AND PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Take a lead position in formulating the company's future direction and provide recommendations to strategically enhance the locations performance and business opportunities.
- Provide strategic input and leadership for the growth and profitability of the location and company.
- Direct supervisory responsibility over all department managers. Work in conjunction with the Leadership Team to meet the goals of the department's monthly forecast and plan.
- Review performance measures, financial statements and key metrics with the Leadership Team that support the locations strategic direction and operational activities.
- Work with the Leadership Team to develop comprehensive strategic recruiting and retention plans to meet the human capital needs of the company.
- Work with the Leadership Team to establish a sound management succession plan that corresponds to the strategy and objectives of the locations.
- Plan for and direct the day to day operations of the entire dealership location.
- Ensure maintenance, cleanliness, appearance and functionality of all company assets along with the proper security for all assets; buildings, equipment, vehicles, inventory, documents, etc.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with our primary manufacturers, suppliers and industry representatives, in order to maintain a dominant position in the industry.
- Resolve any customer or employee complaints that the department manager has not been able to, with a sense of urgency, respect and fairness to the company.
- Manage any third-party relationships for which any operational activities have been outsourced.
- Work with Leadership Team to implement best practices from a process standpoint to produce best in class results for the dealership.
- Work in conjunction with the Leadership Team on any personnel, legal, safety or policy issues that arise and resolve in a timely fashion as not to have any impact to ongoing-operations.
- Work in conjunction with the Leadership Team to develop a properly staffed truck sales force, related training, manage proper inventory levels, establish sales goals and maintain customer relationships.
- Understand and follow OEM factory truck sales programs, ensure proper territory coverage, while maximizing sales and gross profit.
- Conduct weekly department management meetings to develop better communication while encouraging greater awareness and accountability within the group.
- Communicate the results of monthly and year to date individual dealership location results to all department managers in a timely and accurate fashion.
- Work with the CFO on compliance or other reporting as needed based on company structure and legal reporting requirements.
- Identify, understand and mitigate any key elements of the company's risk profile.
- Document and monitor all open legal issues involving the company, and any legal/compliance issues affecting our industry.
- Work in conjunction with the Leadership Team on the location OEM and vendor compliance training for all departments.
- Ensure that the company complies with all legal and regulatory requirements both federally and in the states of incorporation.
- Develop and review effective internal controls at the respective location and ensure compliance with company policies.
- Work with our external auditors, investigate their findings and make recommendations as needed for corrective action.
- Inspire trust by being a credible leader that follows our Core Values.
- Create vision by clearly defining where your team is going and how they are going to get there.
- Coach and mentor by investing in each person on your team to improve performance, solve problems and grow their careers.
- Foster a positive work environment by establishing shared ownership for results, developing members to their fullest potential and making work interesting and enjoyable.
- Recognize and reward by acknowledging the efforts and accomplishments of team members, ensuring they feel valued and know how their contributions are making a difference to customers, the community and the organization.
Education & Experience
- B.S degree in Business Administration preferred or equivalent experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- An experienced leader with appropriate industry experience, preferably with commercial truck dealership environment.
- An energetic, forward-thinking and creative individual with high ethical standards and an appropriate professional image.
- A strategic visionary with sound technical skills, analytical ability, good judgment and strong operational focus.
- A well organized and self-directed individual who is "politically savvy" and a team player.
- An intelligent and articulate individual who can relate to people at all levels of an organization and possesses excellent communication skills.
- A good educator who is trustworthy and willing to share information and serve as a mentor.
- An excellent negotiator who is experienced in contracts. A decisive individual who possesses a "big picture" perspective and is well versed in systems.
- This position requires moderate travel 5 to 15%
Bruckner Truck Sales is an equal opportunity employer (Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran).
Licenses & Certifications
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Posting ID: 567174171Posted: 2020-08-09