- Oversees the medical care and treatment of Hospice patients and provides direction and guidance to the staff and volunteers to assure quality care. Consults and cooperates with the patients' attending physicians. Works under general direction.
- Participates in the evaluation and recertification of the terminal prognosis of patients at indicated intervals.
- Collaborates with interdisciplinary team (IDT) in the development, implementation, and ongoing revision of the physician plan of care (PPOC).
- Completes documentation of all patient care services provided.
- Intervenes when there is a possible revocation; reviews all revocations with the other members of the IDT.
- Provides medical expertise to admission and patient care staff on issues and challenges involving evaluation of terminal prognosis and pain and symptom management. Reviews patients' medication regimens for adverse reactions, inappropriate usage, and inappropriate duration.
- Collaborates with attending, referring, and/or inpatient physicians regarding issues and challenges involving determination of terminal prognosis and pain and symptom management, as well as transfer of patient from home care to inpatient care.
- Provides home visits based on the agreed upon plan of care and as directed by the Hospice Team Manager (HTM) based on patient and family needs.
- Provides for the general medical needs of the patients to the extent that these needs are not met by the attending physician, including but not limited to, E prescribing when attending physician chooses not to or not licensed to do so, signing death certificate and/or accepting full responsibility for the care of the patient if the attending physician does not desire to provide care to the patient.
Posting ID: 567274838Posted: 2020-08-08