Chemist, synthetic, lab, tech, Chemistry, Gas chromatography, Chromatography, Development, Analytical chemistry, HPLC, GMP, NMR
Required qualifications include:
• Ph.D. degree in synthetic organic chemistry with a minimum 2 years of experience in small molecule organic synthesis.
• BS or MS degree in organic chemistry with 5+ Years small molecule organic synthesis experience.
Job functions and competencies include:
• Demonstrated skills in synthesis of mg to gram quantities of new compounds using new synthetic methods.
• Strong synthetic chemistry knowledge and experience in literature search for designing chemical routes for new or known compounds.
• Proven chemistry problem solving capabilities and a strong understanding of organic reaction mechanism.
• Able to function independently or with limited supervision. Takes ownership of assigned tasks and follows through
• Ability to anticipate potential problems in chemistry and proactively solve them.
• Good attention to detail and thorough laboratory documentation skills
• Demonstrate awareness of safety and regulatory compliance.
• Able to prepare written updates and experimental procedures for clients.
• Good working knowledge of analytical techniques including NMR, MS. Prior HPLC experience is preferable.
• Familiarity with GLP and cGMP regulatory environment or willingness to learn.
• Experience in stable labeled compounds (13C, 2H, 15N) or willingness to learn them
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.