Location: Good Samaritan Society Curry Village
Address: 1 Park Ave, Brookings, OR 97415-0217 USA
Employment Type: Full-Time
Shift: 8 Hours - Day Shifts
- This position develops activity programming for residents and assures activities are led in a safe and effective manner by staff.
- Assesses residents' needs and develops plans for programming that meets identified needs. Leads or assists with conducting programming.
- Evaluates effectiveness of programming. Assures community involvement with center/campus and works with volunteers.
- Completes all documentation within established timelines. Receives and shares information.
- Observes and reports residents' conditions to appropriate staff. Uses the EMR accurately.
- Keeps activity area free of hazards. Keeps potentially harmful substances in locked storage and discards properly.
- Follows appropriate and adequate safety measures while on outings. Assures residents are supervised at all times while in planned groups/outings, etc.
- Must be eligible for certification as a Therapeutic Recreation Specialist or as an Activities Professional by a recognized accrediting body or ability to satisfactorily complete an accredited training program approved by the state in which the center/campus is located; training in communication with visually and hearing impaired individuals as well as aphasic individuals is preferred.
- Prior work experience in long term care is preferred; other pertinent experience considered.
- Must have a demonstrated knowledge of caring for people with special needs; ability and desire to be creative and ability to adapt programs and supplies to meet individual resident needs.
The Good Samaritan Society offers an attractive, employee-approved benefits package for qualifying full-time and part-time employees. The variety of benefits include health benefits, a retirement plan, work/life balance benefits, voluntary benefits and much more! To review all of the great benefits and benefit eligibility, visit https//www.good-sam.com/jobs/benefits
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or other protected status. For more information including state-specific protections, please visit https//www.good-sam.com/lp/careers/eeo-and-affirmative-action
Req ID: req47600
id="detrack" defer src="https://d2e48ltfsb5exy.cloudfront.net/p/t.js?i=0,1" data-g="89AE1B7EF62F4F7CA39EB704ABC890E4220">
Posting ID: 571283112Posted: 2020-09-03