Location: Good Samaritan Society Curry Village
Address: 1 Park Ave, Brookings, OR 97415-0217 USA
Employment Type: Full-Time
Shift: 8 Hours - Evening Shifts
- Completes comprehensive nursing assessment of all residents on admission and on an ongoing basis according to state and federal regulations using the nursing process (assessment, diagnosis, intervention and evaluation).
- Assures assigned residents receive ordered medication, treatments and other procedures within defined time frames, utilizing appropriate infection control procedures.
- Demonstrates familiarity with the therapeutic effects and side effects of all medications administered.
- Accurately completes glucometer testing and control monitoring according to procedure. Implements specific approaches to deal with behavior, enhances residents' mood state according to resident care plan.
- Documents actions and notations for all resident condition changes according to policy and procedure. Documents all actions taken related to admission, discharge, transfers or death. Documents incidents or accidents in resident record and all necessary forms (incident reports, etc.)
- Completes behavior documentation according to policy and procedure.
- Assures physician's orders are processed and physicians notified in a timely manner. Makes rounds with physicians as assigned.
- Receives and shares information; observes and reports residents' conditions. Responds promptly to resident call lights.
- Directs and assists with resident, family/significant other education. Notifies family on condition changes etc.
- Reports / assures timely follow up of signs / symptoms of resident infections.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing. Oregon RN license
- Prior work experience in like or related position preferred.
- Maintains required certification / qualifications and associated standards.
- Knowledge of basic nursing skills; knowledge and familiarity with the therapeutic effects and side effects of all medications administered.
The Good Samaritan Society offers an attractive, employee-approved benefits package for qualifying full-time and part-time employees. The variety of benefits include health benefits, a retirement plan, work/life balance benefits, voluntary benefits and much more! To review all of the great benefits and benefit eligibility, visit https//www.good-sam.com/jobs/benefits
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or other protected status. For more information including state-specific protections, please visit https//www.good-sam.com/lp/careers/eeo-and-affirmative-action
Division: NURSING SERVICES
Req ID: req44347
id="detrack" defer src="https://d2e48ltfsb5exy.cloudfront.net/p/t.js?i=0,1" data-g="49197BA038C74A1BBAAABD8850D44573220">
Posting ID: 564198744Posted: 2020-08-06