Work closely with the Design Team, Buying Department, and Senior Management to create a cost-conscious high-end furniture assortment that is exclusively IMG.
· Partner with Management and in-house fabrication department to develop IMG furniture line and fill assortment needs
· Develop and implement a sourcing strategy using global knowledge considering country competencies, Supplier capabilities, as well as Country and vendor risks
· Perform weekly status review with Management to assure development will meet deadlines, target margins, and confirm consistency of details
· Partner with Management to develop new products and communicate product requirements and deliverables to our agents and vendor base
· Identify source markets and suppliers for requested materials, finishes and products.
· Conduct periodic overseas sourcing trips. Approximately 3 times per year.
· Continually provide insight into industry best practices and new product
· Create and oversee the approved vendor list
· Maintain and develop new vendor relationships for all categories
· Oversee and perform competitive research; continuously evaluate the marketplace to identify key trends in manufacturing, fabrications, and construction; review significant innovations and share with Management
· Identify opportunities for improving design execution, quality and cost
· Develop and Maintain Product Development Timeline & Calendar
· Oversee tracking and logistics of production from first samples to final delivery
· Manage relationship with freight forwarder and liaise between freighting and accounting
· Develop and ensure high packaging standards to maintain low damage loss factor
· Partner with Management to establish QC and testing standards by product category as required
· Resolve non-compliance/claims chargebacks with vendors; oversee customs classification coordination with Imports
· Partner with the buyer on quarterly planning and sourcing
· Partner with CFO to develop annual budget and projections to best meet company goals
· Partner with VP to oversee Production and Sourcing department team growth and trajectory
· Manage team members accountable for other product categories under the brand as the department grows
* 4+ years of college education (BA/BS).
* Minimum 3-5 years' experience in offshore sourcing, buying/merchandising in a retail or manufacturing organization.
* 1-2 years of experience sourcing multiple categories, home goods preferred
* Strong knowledge of sourcing markets.
* Demonstrates a high level of organization and can quickly reprioritize based on the needs of the business
* Travel required about 3 times per year.