The Kitchen Director is a leader in the Restaurant dedicated to executing a level of excellence across all 5 critical success factors in the back of house.
● Embody our Vision & Values
● Set team goals, share the score visually and celebrate the wins
● Assist in hiring process of new BOH Team Members
● Identify potential leaders and help them develop and grow both Operationally and Relationally
● Communicate effectively, share ideas, and take a positive approach to all situations.
● Create a LEAN culture and mindset and encourage 2 second improvements to be shared
● Hold BOH team members accountable to all policy standards, for example timeliness, grooming, cell phones, uniforms etc.
● Train and develop Team Members in all areas and systems, work with the Training Director for areas of focus.
● Provide both formal and informal feedback to team on an ongoing basis
● Schedule 30, 60 and 90day feedback sessions with New Hires - include the Training Director in the meetings
● Hold weekly one on ones with AM and PM BOH Manager
● Schedule bi-weekly Shift Lead meetings
Quality & Customer Experience
● Protect the customer experience by ensuring packaging, food presentation and quality meets or exceeds Chick-fil-A standards
● Execute Lean Chicken Entrée at all times
● Train team on what “LEAN Chicken Entrée” is and how the forecasting system works
● Ensure Safe Daily Critical is completed
● Use RQA, ROE and CEM findings to ensure consistency and quality of products. Address areas of improvement immediately. Work with the Training Director to address problems and create an action list.
● Maintain a Culture of Food Safety
● Ensure Jolt is being completed daily
● Maintain a clean and organized environment
● Ensure Inventory is organized properly
● Maintain Travel Path
● Execute training and roll-out of new products
● Assess current systems and implement ideas for improvement
Sales & Brand Growth
● Ensure speed and quality of food to retain customers
● Work with Catering Director on execution of catering orders and systems
● Assist with outside events as needed
● Financial Return
● Own Food Cost results
● Labor Scheduling – own labor percentage and productivity. Train Managers on Labor Scheduling procedures, how to increase productivity, put “aces in their places”, appropriate times to send people home, etc.
● Equipment Repair & Maintenance – Utilize Facilities page on @CFA- Ensure Maintenance Calendar is completed, become familiar with Responsibility Matrix, Process for damaged equipment
● Chicken Tracking System – freezer, thaw, waste
● Place MBM truck orders, work with team for efficient truck deliveries, ensure proper build to’s, keep LEAN inventory on hand to encourage scarcity mindset, coach others on proper ordering ● Produce - Ordering, lean build to’s, portioning and production
● Bread – Verify delivery numbers & quality ● Submit monthly nugget gap credit
● Execute LEAN in all areas – Chicken, Inventory, Oil Rotation, Inventory
Required Qualifications & Experience
● Must be bilingual- Spanish
● Must be at least 21 years old to apply
● Demonstrated past leadership experience
● Ability to coach, motivate, and lead other team members
● Desire to grow business and personal skills while thriving in a fast-paced environment
● Responsible, accountable, and organized
● Eagerness to learn and improve personal skill set and assist others in the same effort
● Ability to communicate and collaborate with Team Members, Team Leaders, Directors, and Operator to fulfill business needs
● Positive attitude and customer service mindset
● Have completed a four-year degree, or working towards a four-year degree (highly recommended)