This role is an advanced welding position with years of experience and knowledge. As a Welder you will work with the floor supervisors, quality control and shop supervisor to ensure that all work is fit up and welded to the specifications of each job and meets outlined requirements.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities All Welders:
- Weld components in flat, vertical, and overhead positions.
- Operate various equipment (saw, shear, rollers, etc.) while using safe work habits.
- Examine work pieces for defects and measure work pieces to ensure conformance with customer specifications.
- Weld separately or in combination using aluminum, stainless steel, mild steel, and/or other alloys.
- Clamping, holding, tack welding, heat straightening, plasma cutting, and grinding required to obtain configurations and positions for welding.
- Minor repair and clean up as needed to ensure customer expectations.
Job Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- The ability to fabricate customer’s projects and meet deadlines within the time frame of purchase orders.
- Ability to complete jobs on time with little supervision while fabricating weldments/projects.
- Ability to multitask and run larger scale projects with multiple stages and weldments.
- Lead less experienced welders while working safely and effectively.
- Communicate with the Plant Manager, Production Supervisor and Quality Department, customers, vendors, and Engineers to discuss and resolve matters; such as work procedures, print and design errors, welding issues, etc.
- Plan, schedule, and coordinate project activities to meet deadlines.
- Able to make clear and accurate cut lists, pull prints, and organize all paper work for projects.
- Fully comply with the Quality Control policies in place and fill out accurate inspection reports for every project.
- Provide the highest quality of grinding and welding.
- Possess the ability to heat straighten and repair parts for all issues.
- Ability to hit 95% of forecasted hours.
- Have great communication skills and be able to represent the company on the highest level.
- Be prepared and have all tools and helmet required for Welder I as needed.
Education & Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- 8+ years in a welding/fabrication environment required.
- Strong blueprint reading skills with knowledge of weld symbols.
- Basic math skills and ability to read a tape measure (standard and metric).
- Frequent lifting and/or carrying of objects weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Knowledge of operating cranes and rigging preferred.
- Adhere to all company safety standards and shop policies.
- Ability to stand, bend, stoop, squat or kneel as well as climb ladders.
- Basic weld test given at time of interview
Company Summary: With extensive background in building materials, the Bay Family of Companies produces and distributes commercial and industrial, fabricated, and metal building insulation products to the construction industry. Headquartered in Green Bay, Wisconsin, Bay prides itself on outstanding customer service and providing the products and expertise needed to meet the needs of its customers. The Bay Family of Companies has nearly 1000 associates, located in more than 20 states and Canada, from more than 85 divisions, and 46 wholly owned subsidiaries.
What’s in it for you: GREAT BENEFITS! Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance, Paid Time Off (PTO), Paid Holidays, 401(k) with a generous employer match, Flexible Spending, Life Insurance, and Short & Long Term Disability, free Health Risk Assessments and wellness incentives in conjunction with our Medical Plan. Tuition reimbursement programs, tuition and company discounts, and employee referral bonuses!
Division Summary: The Bay Metal Works Inc. division of the Bay Family of Companies focuses on custom metal parts from supplied customer drawings. Bay Metal Works Inc. can cut any design into any part of a tube. Our capabilities include cutting round, square, rectangular, flat, oval, and virtually any other type of tubing utilizing our laser.