Location: Gullifty's Restaurant, Rosemont PA
Since 1975, Gullifty's has been a Main Line tradition. With great food, an award-winning beer selection, and outdoor dining, Gullifty's has something for everyone! We prepare almost all of our food in-house from scratch, including all of our soups, sauces, ice creams, and desserts. We take great pride in our successful track record as the longest-running independently owned and operated, full-service restaurant on the Main Line.
Position: Shift Manager
Supervisors: President, Vice President, Manager
Job Description: The primary role of the Shift Manager is to ensure that shifts are running smoothly by setting up our employees for success.
Job Purpose: To ensure that the restaurant operates successfully, resulting in excellent guest experiences.
• Guest Service Philosophy: We make every reasonable effort to make the guests we serve happy. Although guests are not always right, they are always our guests and we want them to come back and dine with us again.
• Surprise and Delight: We create emotional connections by going "above and beyond" and turn guests into fans by finding ways to do unexpected things for them.
• Great Food: We offer high-quality food that is made from scratch, responsibly sourced, nutritionally diverse, and affordably priced.
Shift Manager Profile:
• Believes in building strong professional relationships with guests and employees
• Views every guest complaint as an opportunity
• Leads by example and embraces servant leadership management style
• Possesses a solid grasp of fundamental restaurant practices including generally accepted standards of customer service, scheduling and organizational systems and safety & sanitation
• Exhibits enthusiasm to learn the business components of restaurants including food and labor costs, profit & loss statements, systems and checklists, and all other elements important for maintaining profitability and consistency
• Maintains composure and positivity in all situations
• Effectively leading floor shifts with positive energy and clear direction to deliver enhanced dining experiences to every guest
• Excellent attention to detail, particularly in terms of presentation, quality, and service
• Executing and adhering to all policies, procedures, standards, specifications, guidelines and training programs.
• Maintain a professional work environment where each and every member of the staff is completely comfortable and safe.
• Achieve company objectives in sales, profits, service, quality, consistency, the appearance of facility and sanitation and cleanliness through training of employees and creating a positive, productive working environment.
Experience with the following technology platforms is a plus:
• Restaurant Systems: Aloha, Hotschedules, Open Table, ChefTec
• Basic Computer Literacy: Email, Excel, Word, PowerPoint
• Opportunities to become part of a Main Line staple that has been owned and operated by the same family since 1975.
• Involvement with the leadership team to influence decisions
• Full or Part-Time flexible hourly schedule, competitive hourly rate, complimentary meals during the shift, and opportunity to grow within the company.
• Ability to speak and hear.
• Close and distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
• Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time.
• Ability to reach, bend, stoop, and frequently lift up to 35 lbs. and occasionally lift/move 50 lbs.
• At least 2 years of high-volume, full-service restaurant experience, not necessarily in a management role
• We are willing to train you to be a restaurant manager if you have the skill set required to perform the job successfully.