Raytheon Intelligence and Space is seeking an engineering leader with experience in transitioning large development programs into production. This Test Systems Integrated Product Team Lead (IPTL) and Production Integration and Test Lead will independently lead the transition of Space programs from development into production. This position will reside in the Hardware Engineering Center (HWEC). This IPTL position is a significant role covering many Space programs. The Sr Project Leader will maintain the execution of the schedule and deliverables, serve as a control account manager (CAM), perform at a high operational tempo and demonstrate an ability to react quickly to changes in both the plan and/or priorities while maintaining execution rigor that is appropriate to a production environment. The role will also be a strategic position requiring daily contact with multiple companies as well as customer counterparts. New test strategies will need to be developed as the programs transitions from the verification level testing done during development at one location to the acceptance testing needed for production at the factory in a separate location. This position will need to develop and implement facilities strategy to transform test facilities from developmental testing to full rate production. Due to obsolescence issues there will also be the need to perform development simultaneously with the on-going production and the resulting verification of the new designs as well as identification and implementation of cost reduction initiatives to enhance system affordability. Responsibilities include providing technical leadership, control account ownership, guidance and direct interfacing with customer testing organizations as well as working groups, contractors, and Raytheon personnel necessary to provide customers with validated production systems to meet the customer needs and acceptance criteria. Job Related Activities:
- Integrated Product Team Leadership responsibilities for the overall technical execution of the system engineering, integration, test, and V&V functions.
- Communication and interface to program leadership and to both internal and external customers.
- CAM duties to include cost and schedule responsibility for the production test control account, including task management, staffing coordination, variance analysis and earned value reporting. Coordination of resolution of engineering challenges through program and functional management.
- Obtaining alignment on system acceptance criteria to internal and external customer sets, timely production of objective evidence and artifacts to support acceptance. Coordination of acceptance procedures, equipment needs, and documentation.
- Planning and coordination of test design (to include travel as required to support factory transition activities).
- Lead design reviews, test/production readiness reviews, gate reviews, trade studies and other program/customer reviews as required to keep the team on track.
- Managing Test resources (including people, facilities, and equipment) efficiently to execute the team's plan.
- Ensuring the consistent application of engineering best practice and all activities undertaken under your control are conducted to common standards in accordance with Raytheon's IPDS processes.
- Generate management overview slides (both technical and EAC) and present them to both program and Raytheon functional leadership.
- Leading dialogs with Leadership and customers to resolve technical issues.
- Support the Product Area Chief Engineer in developing and managing the technical solution in support of customer needs/requirements.
- Perform department leadership duties
- Lead the management of subcontractor technical solutions and installations.
- Minimum of 12 years of experience in Test System development integration, and verification
- Experience with multi-functional and cross-site teams
- Demonstrated strong organization, coordination, planning, and team building skills
- Demonstrated excellent oral and written communication skills
- Understanding of the challenges of a long term production program, be able to perform affordability and obsolescence trades and manage a large team
- Ability to present analytic results to executives in clear language about the implications of the results to the organization
- Requires Active Secret Clearance
- U.S. Citizenship status required
Required Education: Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Math, Science or related technical discipline (preferably Systems, Electrical, Mechanical, Computer, or Software Engineering) and 15 years of experience.
- Systems Engineering experience with Radar related products
- Project Financial Manager experience
- Integrated Product Team Lead (IPTL) or Program Management experience
- Agile Development Methodology
- Prior experience in Aerospace and Defense
- Prior experience with manufacturing process
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Posting ID: 601906399Posted: 2021-01-26