Embrace the adventure of a career at Aspen Valley Hospital. Aspen Valley Hospital is a twenty-five bed community hospital that represents the best of two worlds - the warmth and friendliness of a small town and the technical expertise of a major medical center. Our Award Winning Hospital, nestled in the heart of Aspen, CO, includes a team of more than 500 people dedicated to making a difference for our patients, families, and community. Nationally we are recognized for providing some of the most exceptional patient care of any hospital across the country.
This Position Offers:
Generous relocation / sign on bonus, highly competitive pay, fully furnished temporary housing for up to 90 days to assist with relocation, guaranteed hours (no mandatory down staffing, EVER), excellent benefits package, being part of an amazing and cohesive Lab team, state of the art laboratory instrumentation & equipment, four of North America's top ski resorts at your doorstep, and much more.
This Position is:
This is a Generalist position first and foremost. However, it also requires someone who would like to focus on Microbiology. This role is primarily based (about 50% of time) in Microbiology. The other 50% is spent as a Generalist.
This Position Requires ALL of the following:
Primary Scope of Responsibilities:
· Performs laboratory procedures as assigned and is fully competent in role; (Blood Bank, Microbiology ,Chemistry, Special Chemistry, Hematology, Serology, Coagulation, Urinalysis), for specimen handling and processing, sending out reference labs and protocols, documented training and certified in packaging and shipping of infectious material following state, federal and local regulations, test analysis, reporting, maintaining records of patients test results, assists in procedures such as FNA, bone marrow and other biopsies and assists the pathologist, phlebotomy proficient, prioritize workload.
· Proficiently documents information for quality control and follows established procedures for "out-of-range control values, labeling reagents and controls, adding reagents or indicators, or prepares specimens for introduction into proper instrument, records and reviews test results for accuracy and prepared reports of same, documentation of troubleshooting and initiate service calls for lab instrumentation
· Participates in overall department and facility quality improvement plan as requested. Quality management of pre-analytic, analytic, post-analytic processes, and proficiency testing as assigned. Implements correct charges procedures and monitors daily for accurate charging in the department.
· Serves in advocacy role; encouraging active involvement of patient and family in their care.
· Prioritizes patient's situations and takes appropriate action in an efficient, effective manner.
· Makes value-added resource decision for patient care with respect to supplies, equipment and acuity of care.
· Provides individualized patient and family education consistent with patient's learning style, readiness to learn and self-care needs, and keeps patients informed regarding what to expect pre/during/post procedure, and evaluates the effectiveness of patient learning
· Acknowledges and greets customers in a courteous manner, and exhibits the AVH core values consistently with all interactions.
*Our hire-in rates of pay are based on years of relevant experience. Listed below are our hire-in rates for the position, which includes: minimum pay (no relevant experience) and mid-point (12 or more years).
Minimum = $32.09/hr
Mid-Point = $41.73/hr
Our comprehensive benefits package includes generous Paid Time Off, Health Insurance within your first 30 days, Retirement, and much morecan be viewed here.
Medical Technologist, Resort Town Medical Tech, MT Ski Town, Colorado Medical Technology, Clinical MT, Hospital MT, Medical Lab Tech Generalist, Medical Lab Tech Blood Bank