The Administrative Assistant works under limited supervision and is responsible for assisting the Department Administrators by performing semi-complex administrative duties, customer service, and data entry related to retirement plan administration to maximize efficiencies and ensure compliance resulting total Customer/Client satisfaction.
Effective performance of all duties and responsibilities of the position will assure accurate and timely completion of required tasks and compliance with required timelines.
- Process daily receipts to ensure accurate and timely deposits with funding provider, paying special attention to detail with regard to case specifications
- Prepare various types of spreadsheets for client or internal deposit processing
- Process electronic withdrawals, paying special attention to government regulations and written instructions in a timely and accurate manner
- Determine clients’ open enrollment period per plan specifications and prepare emails with instructions for enrollments
- Customer Service: Provide extraordinary customer service to plan participants and contacts through the dedicated telephone line making note of all plan provisions with attention to any special requirements in a timely, accurate and courteous manner
- Prepare and mail distribution kits by utilizing recordkeeping programs in compliance with departmental procedures in a timely and accurate manner
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 1-3 Years in administrative/clerical environment
- Solid oral and written communication skills with ability to convey one’s message in appropriate manner (grammar, professionalism) with diplomacy and tact
- Strong and thorough working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel. Experience with Microsoft Word to include mail merges, printing labels and envelopes, creating tables, formatting text and page setup options. Experience with Microsoft Excel to include basic addition/subtraction formulas and cell formatting (dates, numbers, and currency).
- Strong understanding of accounting/bookkeeping principles and/or concepts
- Proven ability to effectively manage multiple priorities utilizing effective organizational and time management practices
- Strong initiative with demonstrated ability to work independently in an environment with critical deadlines
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to recognize need for escalation to appropriate Administrator/Department Manager
Fast paced work environment; flexibility to occasional work overtime as required due to changing business demands. The work environment is moderately sedentary and typical of general office conditions with regard to standing, sitting, walking; no adverse conditions.
About P&A Group:
P&A is growing! As we continue our growth, we are looking for ambitious, responsible team members who take pride in a job well done and provide exemplary customer service at all levels. In the new decade, our focus continues to be customer and employee experience. We offer a casual dress code, exceptional employer-paid medical, dental & vision benefits, employer paid parking/commuter expenses and generous paid time off after the first 90 days. All our full-time employees have the opportunity to earn a profit sharing bonus which is paid regularly throughout the year. If you hold yourself accountable for delivering a high quality customer experience in a fast-paced team environment and are looking for an opportunity to make a difference, consider P&A!
Search firms are essential to the recruitment and staffing efforts at P&A and we value the partnerships we have built with our preferred vendors. For this reason, P&A has established and regularly maintains a vendor list. Please note that even preferred vendors are required to have a written search agreement signed by an authorized signatory of P&A in order for a fee to be paid for any candidate referrals.
P&A is not currently accepting unsolicited resumes or assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. All resumes submitted by search firms or agencies to P&A or its employees, agents, directors or representatives in any form or method without a valid written agreement covering this position will be deemed the sole property of P&A. No fee shall be paid in the event a candidate is hired by P&A as a result of the referral or through other means.
P&A is not in a position of offer immigration support of any type for this position.
An equal opportunity employer and a smoke, drug and alcohol-free workplace.
Posting ID: 563381117Posted: 2020-10-19