This position is for local residents only.
Ocean Import Specialist
Hourly Non-Exempt/Full time
Customer Service Manager
High Starting Salary
We are seeking a dynamic and innovative Ocean Import Operations Specialist. This key position will be based in our Corporate (HQ) office located in Los Angeles, CA reporting to the E-Commerce Manager/CSR manager.
- 2 Weeks Paid Vacation
- 7 Paid Holidays
- 3 Personal Paid Days
- Paid Sick Time
- 100% Medical/ Dental/ Vision for Employee ONLY
- 401k with 4% Match
The Ocean Import Specialist will be responsible for the daily management of door to door shipments by ocean. The duties include providing quotes, making booking with carriers, coordinating pick up and deliveries, customs clearance, filing AES, and handling other facets of international shipping.
- Handle international transportation processes.
- Pricing/Quoting experience for all modes (ocean, rail, LCL, FCL, ground)
- Work with ocean carriers & co-loaders on global rate negotiations
- Managing and tracking multiple customers and their containers which include:
- Daily status updates to customers
- Coordinating and communicating with outside vendors
- Reconcile import files and accurate data input of import files in company computer systems
- Follow-up and finalize all import shipments with appropriate party
- Recommend potential products or services to customers
- Using a nationwide tracing system, trace every pending container. Monitor the on water transit& once arrived the US, the rail movement of each FCL/LCL shipment.
- Gather the information to prepare arrival notices with info from the origin & carriers, provide info to either our brokerage team or outside broker for customs clearance.
- Upon clearance, work with CFS or Steamship to clear any originals docs requirements and/or payments.
- Keep customers in constant communication with important milestones and if needed resolve any issues to insure smooth service.
- Track and Trace Inbound Ocean shipments
- Ensure timely delivery of cargo to customer
- Process documents and issue arrival notices timely and accurately
- Ability to work with demanding deadlines from customers
Apply Online Below
- Bachelor s degree in Business, Supply Chain or a related field - PREFERRED
- Bi-lingual in mandarin will be useful with majority of customers being from China, but not required.
- Minimum of two (2) years experience with NVOCC/Freight Forwarding industry
- Thorough understanding of ocean shipment documentation process, - PLUS
- Possess excellent data entry skills and customer service skills with the ability
- Demonstrated critical thinking, using logic and reasoning to identify strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and risks, and identifying alternative solutions or approaches
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion
- Ability to multi-task and work independently
- Experience with tariff sheets and rate contract
Posting ID: 588052186Posted: 2020-11-20