Know someone else who would be a perfect fit? Let them know!
OPENTEXT - THE INFORMATION COMPANY
As the Information Company, our mission at OpenText is to create software solutions and deliver services that redefine the future of digital. Be part of a winning team that leads the way in Enterprise Information Management.
OpenText is seeking a commercial Legal Counsel to join our in-house legal team based in our San Mateo, California offices. This is a diverse role that will include drafting and negotiating a wide variety of commercial technology agreements in support of Americas region sales activity including software licenses, professional services and cloud services agreements, resolving commercial disputes, providing legal guidance on company transactions, and monitoring changes in laws and regulations.
You are great at:
• Working effectively and pragmatically in a fast-paced environment
• Managing multiple responsibilities
• Understanding the complexities of a multi-faceted business
• Drafting and negotiating a wide variety of commercial agreements
• Communicating complex matters clearly and solving problems practically
• Building positive working relationships with teammates, subject matter experts, internal clients and customers
• Providing high quality, practical legal support
What it takes:
• Strong academic record and experience working in a law firm and/or in-house within a corporate environment.
• 4+ years previous experience conducting contract negotiations, preferably concerning technology.
• Juris Doctor degree from an accredited institution.
• Admitted to practice law in at least one state of the United States, preferably in California
• Enthusiastic, hard-working, enjoy working in a team environment and confident working at a senior level with lawyers and other professional colleagues.
• Interest in learning new technologies and business models; vision to create new templates and streamline processes; and willing to make recommendations and participate in the decision-making process.
• Experience doing business with regulated industries, and understanding or interest in data privacy/ data security a plus.
• Solid "hands on" experience drafting, negotiating and providing guidance on a wide variety of agreements; particularly in software licensing, hosted/ cloud based product agreements, professional services contracts, and maintenance and support agreements.
• Knowledge of working within the IT sector and assisting sales executives on commercial and sales transactions.
• Background in contract support for a variety of business functions including sales, marketing, engineering and other internal clients.
• Ability to advise management on risks across the business and strategies for mitigation.
• Good judgment, integrity, and attention to detail.
• Think creatively. Act professionally.
At OpenText we understand and value diversity in our employees and are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We hire the best talent regardless of race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, disability, marital status, sex, age, veteran status or sexual orientation. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws including but not limited to: Family and Medical Leave Act (FLMA) , Equal Employment Opportunity and Employee Polygraph Protection Act .
Your full LinkedIn profile
will be shared. Learn More