JOB TITLE: Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) / Security Officer
REPORTS TO: Director of Security
POSITION TYPE: Full time and part time positions available
Will be scheduled based on the operational need (rotate shift, standby, on-call)
Responsible for delivering fast, quality care during medical emergencies, accidents, fires, natural disasters and other crisis scenarios. Passionate medical services provider able to remain calm under pressure and react swiftly in urgent and life-threatening situations. Also, responsible for providing security services for the campus of Twin Lakes Community.
EMT - Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provide emergency medical treatment to injured, sick, or incapacitated persons.
- Communicate with other professional medical personnel.
- Obtain information from persons involved, examines resident and determines nature, extent, or magnitude of illness or injury to establish emergency medical procedures to be followed or need for additional assistance.
- Provide prehospital emergency medical care of simple and multiple system trauma such as:
- Controlling hemorrhage,
- Treatment of shock (hypo-perfusion),
- Bandaging wounds,
- Immobilization of painful, swollen, or deformed extremities,
- Immobilization of painful, swollen, or deformed neck or spine;
- Managing and opening an airway
- Search for medical identification emblems as a guide to appropriate emergency medical care.
- Assist residents with prescribed medications, including sublingual nitroglycerin, epinephrine auto-injectors and hand-held aerosol inhalers.
- Administer oxygen, oral glucose and activated charcoal.
- Manage cardiac arrest situations by administering CPR including use of automated external defibrillators (AED).
- Reassure residents and bystanders by working in a confident, efficient manner.
- Report verbally and in writing, their observation and emergency medical care of the resident at the emergency scene, to emergency transport personnel and to appropriate Twin Lakes staff for purposes of records, diagnostics and ongoing case management
- Foster and maintain professional relationships with other providers, staff and residents.
- Maintain communication and medical equipment by following appropriate disinfecting procedures.
- Restock and replenish all medical supplies.
- Complete resident care reports and other documentation.
- Comply with applicable policies, procedures, SOP’s and medical protocols for providing on-site emergency medical services.
- Understand basic medical-legal principles.
- Operate a personal or company vehicle while on campus.
- Able to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant it using good judgment and ethical conduct.
- Able to perform job duties and work independently with frequent interruptions.
- Able to read, write and speak English in a cogent and professional manner.
- Able to organize, prioritize, and manage time, multiple tasks and projects.
- Able to concentrate with large volumes of work and handle pressure.
- Able to meet the physical demands and working environment of the position.
Security - Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain the Welcome Center attendant log of arrivals and departures of commercial and private vehicles
- Will patrol the campus by vehicle and on foot to observe the comings and goings of vehicles and individuals.
- Will check a variety of the many buildings on campus to insure they are secured at designated times, remain secured and opened at designated times.
- Will complete security reports as to any occurrence which they deem as out of the ordinary and make those reports available to the appropriate individuals.
- Will respond to and/or accompany nursing personnel responding to any emergency medical situation.
- Will position themselves so as to direct emergency vehicles and other traffic which may be responding to medical, fire, disaster or other emergencies.
- Will aid in the evacuation of residents and/or staff in emergency situations. May be required to use fire fighting equipment to contain localized fire emergencies.
- Reports all unusual conditions, behaviors, and/or resident reactions to the appropriate Licensed personnel in a timely manner.
- Responds and reacts in a kind, polite, and professional manner to residents, families, visitors, coworkers, and supervision.
- Responsible for protecting any confidential information concerning residents, family, and/or the organization.
- Must demonstrate knowledge of and adhere to all Safety procedures and facility Fire, Disaster, and Bomb Threat procedures.
- Adheres to all organizational, departmental, and nursing procedures in the performance of position responsibilities.
- Must attend organizational or departmental conferences, meetings and/or in-services as scheduled.
- Will communicate effectively with management on any welcome center issues
- Will monitor the Closed Caption Television (CCTV) equipment and advise management of any occurrences
- May be required to perform other duties in keeping with the nature of this position which will not significantly alter the job requirements
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Education and/or Experience:
- Must have attained the age of 18 years
- High School diploma required
- Approved MVR from insurance carrier
- Attends continuing education and refresher trainings by employers, medical, licensing or certifying agencies
Certificates, licenses, registrations:
- Maintains a valid driver’s license
- Maintains state EMT Certification
- Must be certified in Basic Life Support by the American Heart Association
Posting ID: 596534753Posted: 2021-01-15