"Come work for the Navy Exchange...where you can have a retail career with a purpose! We are a world-class retailer serving the best customers in the world: active duty, retired military, and their families.
No military affiliation is required."
Serves as Cashier Checker in Retail and or Services areas responsible for completing sales transactions operating a cash register accounting for sales receipts and providing customer service which anticipates and exceeds customer expectations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Greets customers. Completes sales transactions accurately and efficiently. Performs all types of cash register transactions (cash, charge, check, layaway, etc.) in a procedurally correct manner. Accepts money, makes change, bags and wraps merchandise. Thanks customers for their patronage.
- Maintains change fund and accounts for sales receipts for which responsible. Completes daily cash and sales reports.
- Interacts with customers and coworkers in a friendly and professional manner, which includes adhering to NEX dress codes/uniform standards, and assisting/supporting sales team members to the maximum extent possible. Communicates
with customers knowledgeably and legibly.
- Inspects items presented at the cash register by customers. Ensures merchandise sold is undamaged, and of proper type, size, quantity, price, etc. Ensures register (scanned) price and marked price agree. Reports discrepancies promptly.
- Sells items located at checkout points, as assigned. Ensures merchandise is fully stocked, neatly arranged and attractively displayed. Communicates regularly with supervisor, store/services manager, etc. regarding fast and slow selling merchandise, customer preferences, needs, and problems. Participates in department meetings and actively seeks to exchange ideas regarding improvements in customer service, job performance, achievement of sales goals, etc.
- Becomes knowledgeable in NEX store policies including Richter Merchandising System functions and operation, merchandise returns, price matching, check cashing, rain checks, etc. Handles customer returns and complaints tactfully and efficiently. Applies store policies consistently and intelligently, ensuring customer satisfaction as the end result.
- Advises customers of upcoming sales events, and services available throughout the Navy Exchange; such as gift wrapping, engraving, delivery, gift certificates, etc. Offers customers the opportunity to open a Military Star account and informs customers of Military Star account benefits. Advises customer of the Convenience Care Extended Warrantee program and assists in completing necessary paperwork.
- May prepare Beauty/Barber Chits, schedule Barber/Beauty shop appointments, and sell hair care products to patrons.
- May receive film, key, engraving, etc. from patrons for processing. Logs required information following established procedures. Receives/checks tickets for pick-up of completed orders.
- Maintains a high level of awareness in assigned areas and offers excellent customer service to all patrons (internal and external) in order to deter theft.
- Unpacks, stages, and moves merchandise as assigned. Assists in creating store displays and in performing periodic inventories.
- Completes paperwork associated with merchandise/inventory movement, price adjustments, customer returns, cash register operation, etc. accurately and completely.
- Performs other related duties as assigned