Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World Aircraft Worker Aircraft Worker Purpose and Scope: With direction from high-level workers, assists in troubleshooting malfunctions in aircraft structure, landing gear, flight surfaces and controls, anti-icing, pneudraulic, engines, auxiliary power unit, and ventilation and heating systems, remove, clean, reinstall, or replace defective parts, accessories, and components such as worn gaskets, couplings, and fittings, bad actuators, accumulators, gauges, sections of corroded fuel and oil lines. Essential Responsibilities: 1) Make repairs to aircraft following orders of higher grade worker.
2) Remove, clean, reinstall, or replace defective parts, accessories, and components.
3) Make adjustments and settings such as cable tension and seat movement settings and adjustments.
4) Obtain standard parts such as fuel and oil line connections and fittings, cable linkage, and spark plug cables and harnesses by referring to parts manuals and by making comparisons with samples.
5) Service engines and aircraft components at line station making repairs, short of overhaul, required to keep aircraft in safe operating condition. 6) Perform pre-flight, daily, turnaround, and post-flight maintenance inspections, miscellaneous duties to service aircraft, and check brakes. 7) Perform 100-hour, progressive, isochronal, phase, periodic, and other hourly or calendar inspections.
8) Tow, direct, ride brakes during aircraft movements on the flight line or flight deck (shipboard). 9) Perform duties as a qualified Plane Captain/Plane Handler.
Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested. Qualifications directed by management must be completed within 60 working days of assignment. Minimum Requirements • High School graduate or equivalent and a valid driver's license required.
• Three (3) years actual and recent related experience in organizational level maintenance • Prior experience as a qualified F/A-18 E/F/ EA-18G Plane Captain aircraft preferred.
• Ability to read and interpret technical publications, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
• Must be able to meet physical requirements associated with and pass any medical examination requirements related to performing daily assigned tasks.
• Work rotating shifts
• Travel for detachments in support of squadron operations. • Secret Security Clearance. • Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds. PAE is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran's status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law. EEO is the Law Poster EEO is the Law Poster Supplement