Network Specialist - Advanced Technical Support (Video/Data)
Job Locations US-WI-Madison | US-TN-Knoxville | US-WI-Milwaukee | US-OR-Bend | US-UT-St George | US-TN-Mount Juliet | US-TN-Farragut | US-NH-Contoocook | US-GA-Saint Marys | US-ID-Coeur d Alene | US-MN-Monticello | ...
ID 2020-15651Company TDS Telecom
This Network Specialist position within the Advanced Technical Support (ATS) Team will be focused on providing level II technical support of the TDS Network as well as anticipating and preventing faults within the network.
In this role you will:
- Provide Level 2/3 support of the Video and Data networks and products.
- This specifically includes:
- Consumer and commercial DSL/PON
- Dedicated broadband services over copper/fiber/DOCSIS delivery
- Layer 2/3 switching and routing
- Core network transport
- Multi-Service Access Platforms
- Transcoding/encoding infrastructure
Please note: We can hire this position as a Network Specialist - Senior Network Specialist based on skillset and relevant experience.
- Provide leadership and guidance for fault resolution and prevention
- Provide input and feedback into fault resolution procedures across Network Operations
- Provide feedback into network designs, standard configurations, and operational procedures
- Effectively communicate technical network issues to management and adjacent teams
- Create, Maintain, and Edit network documentation to be used by Operational staff
- Mentoring peers and adjacent teams on areas of expertise
- Associates degree or higher AND 2+ years work experience in Data/Video networking -OR- 4+ years experience in Voice/Data/Video networking.
- 2+ years experience in Data Networking.
- 2+ years working in a level 1 + Data/Video/VOIP support team with direct customer contact
Network Specialist I
- Associates degree or higher AND 4+ years work experience in Voice/Data/Video networking -OR- 6+ years experience in Voice/Data/Video networking.
Network Specialist II
- Bachelors degree or higher AND 4+ years experience in Voice/Data/Video networking -OR- 8+ years experience in Voice/Data/Video networking.
Senior Network Specialist
- Bachelors degree or higher AND 6+ years experience in Voice/Data/Video networking -OR- 10+ years experience in Voice/Data/Video networking.
- IP Video technologies including (but not limited to) 8VSB, ATSC, MPEG4, MPEG2, PIM, SNMP, CDN, DRM, IGMP, TCP, UDP, OSPF, BGP, IPV4/IPV6, ABR, SCTE-35, multicast, unicast.
- Video content acquisition via terrestrial, satellite, off-air, and internet sources
- Video content acquisition troubleshooting
- Power and grounding concepts associated with AC and DC power equipment.
- Dish, antenna, and headend installation, configuration, and support
- Strong IP routing knowledge and experience (Cisco, Alcatel, Brocade)
- Transport/Access knowledge and experience (DWDM, SONET, ATM, Packet over SONET, licensed/unlicensed microwave)
- Broadband and narrowband access technologies including (but not limited to) xDSL, WiFi, PON, RFOG, Ethernet, DOCSIS.
- TCP/IP technologies including (but not limited to) routing and routing protocols (MPLS, OSPF, BGP, and RIP) subnetting, multicast, tunneling, bridging, QoS, IP Video.
- Management and use of customer premises equipment including (but not limited to) Routers, Ethernet demarcs, set-top boxes, home wiring concepts, DSL and Cable modems.
- Linux system administration experience a plus
- Experience with Kibana and Elastic a plus.
As a part of your total compensation, TDS provides a comprehensive, competitive benefit package. The benefit plans address both the immediate and long term needs that you and your family may have. Here is a sample of what we have to offer for full-time employees.
Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance Eligible Immediately
Paid Time Off
Vacation, Personal Time, Sick Time, and Holidays
401K Eligible Immediately, Pension, and Flexible Spending Accounts
Education Assistance, Telephone and Internet Concessions and Recognition Programs
Equal Opportunity Employer
At TDS, we believe that diversity makes us stronger. We embrace Equal Employment Opportunity by valuing our differences and consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by law. We are stronger together!
If you wish to speak with us regarding assistance or an accommodation related to the application process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Apply for this job onlineApply
Refer this job to a friendRefer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Software Powered by iCIMS
Posting ID: 563305299Posted: 2020-08-11