About MedStar Health
- Job Summary
- Responsible for providing secretarial supportfor all employees within an assigned nursing unit. Provides superior customerservice to patients and visitors on a given unit.
- Minimum Qualifications
- High School graduate or equivalent.
- Experience in basic computer/keyboard knowledge
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Preferred Qualifications
- Experience in medical clerical/medical receptionist position or completion of nurse technician/medical assistant/medical clerical training or equivalent
- Hospital Experience preferred
- Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Contributes to the achievement of established department goals and objectives and adheres to department policies, procedures, quality standards and safety standards. Complies with governmental and accreditation regulations.
- Communicates clearly by using customer-focused principles. Receives, greets and directs patients, visitors and hospital personnel. Receives and distributes mail, flowers and various other items for patients on the unit.
- Assists physicians and nursing staff with clerical needs as required. Assists Department Director, Clinical Coordinator and Charge Nurse as directed.
- Answer call system and deliver message to appropriate staff member. Functions as a communication liaison during emergency situations, STAT requests/orders.
- Requests/advises Bed Board/Patient Care Supervisor of all admissions/transfers/discharges/expiration. Faxes patient assignments and staffing information assignment to staffing office and ancillary departments.
- Places calls to relay "order for consult" to appropriate physician/clinician. Log call placed into "consult log" (unit specific log) and follow-up to insure that consult message is received and acted upon.
- Maintains adequate quantity of supplies and equipment inventory. Orders,maintains,copies unit material as needed.
- Initiates, assembles and maintains physical integrity of electronic and hardcopy of the patient's medical record. Faxes patient information to requested healthcare provider in accordance with HIPPA guidelines.
- Performs specialized tasks specific to each department by maintaining the required skills.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians work in a variety of settings across our health system, including 10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal fulfillment.datePosted":"2020-10-09T04:51:05.483Z
Posting ID: 593238281Posted: 2021-01-20