ASEC is currently looking for a Payroll Administrator to be a part of a fast-paced Accounting/Finance team. The successful candidate will work within Paylocity software to process payroll on a semi-monthly basis. The position requires frequent communication with employees and Human Resources to ensure employee's pay, taxes, 401k, and other benefit deductions are accurate. This position requires a basic understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), internal accounting controls, and DCAA audit requirements. A well-qualified individual will stay organized, have attention to detail, great communication skills, and the ability to consistently meet deadlines.
- Responsible for the accurate preparation, documentation, and distribution of payroll via the payroll system.
- Review the computation of pay and ensure the company payroll policies are in accordance with the government regulations.
- Respond and resolve any inquiries regarding employee's pay.
- Coordinate payroll with outside service provider.
- Maintain various payroll related excel spreadsheets.
- Ensure company is adhering to all State and Federal wage requirements.
- Utilize Deltek Costpoint to enter all payroll journal entries.
- Maintain high level of professionalism when corresponding with employees and management.
- May prepare routine periodic financial, statistical, or operational reports as assigned.
- Assist with monthly General Ledger review of various accounts.
- Support finance department and perform other duties as assigned.
- Three years or more of related Accounting experience. At least one year of Government Contracting experience, preferred.
- Processing Payroll with multi-state employees and reconciling salaries, deductions & fringe earnings.
- Experience with Payroll software systems. Paylocity experience, a plus.
- Hands on experience with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Experience with Accounting software systems (Deltek Costpoint, Deltek Time and Expense)
Skills and Qualifications:
- Ability to handle confidential information in a professional manner.
- Strong math competency; must be analytical with strong problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Excellent interpersonal and team building skills
- Ability to work under time constraints and meet deadlines
- May require flexibility in work hours.
We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote the most qualified persons for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by law. ASEC will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they choose to inquire about, discuss, or disclose their own compensation or the compensation of another employee or applicant.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf
Posting ID: 595359591Posted: 2020-12-28