DescriptionAbout the Position:
SAIC is hiring a team of Model Based Systems Engineers to support our NAVAIR Systems Engineering Transformation (SET) team In California, MD. Using Systems Modeling Language (SysML), this team will be responsible for the implementation of model structures and elements supporting the NAVAIR effort in specific modeling focus areas, designated programs, and project modeling activities. We are considering candidates of all levels (Entry level to Senior) for multiple openings.About the Program:
The Naval Air Systems Command (NAVAIR) has undertaken an organization-wide initiative to reengineer the entire systems acquisition process, incorporating the latest approaches in Digital Engineering and Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE), and requiring sets of related models that describe and analyze the desired systems. The initiative requires experts, with a variety of Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) skills, who can develop creative solutions to complex systems engineering challenges. Discover why SAIC is right for you:
Duties & Responsibilities will vary depending on experience level, but may include:
- SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets.
- We are integrators, collaborators, and problem solvers. From imagining the best the future can be to envisioning new paths to get there, SAIC sees the world differently.
- Our purpose is to advance the power of technology and innovation to serve and protect our world.
- At SAIC we value career advancement opportunities, a flexible and caring work environment, and work that contributes to some of the world's most innovative projects.
- We're a company that fosters a culture of engagement, collaboration, and achievement. The solutions we deliver to our customers come from the ideas and creativity of our people, no matter who they are or where they come from. Because we believe that is how we achieve success for ourselves and those we serve.
QualificationsRequired Education & Experience:
- Developing and maintaining SysML models in support of the NAVAIR MBSE SET effort.
- Reviewing existing models and documentation to determine compliance with best practices in systems engineering, modeling, and MBSE.
- Reviewing and characterizing new or updated technologies for possible incorporation into NAVAIR MBSE efforts.
- Maintaining proficiency and expertise in the most current MBSE concepts, tools, techniques, and practices.
- Communicating program efforts, issues, and consequences to NAVAIR SET Team leadership.
Security Clearance Requirement:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in Engineering or a related scientific/technical discipline.
- Experience developing SysML models at the project and system level.
- Experience using SysML and Cameo System Modeler, Cameo Enterprise Architect, or MagicDraw.
- Knowledge of one or more of these concepts as they apply to SysML: inheritance, aggregation, metadata chains, design patterns, loose coupling, high cohesion, abstraction, value properties, and methods.
- US Citizen with the ability to obtain an Interim DOD Secret clearance prior to start date.
- OCSMP Certification as Model User or Builder
- DAU Acquisition Certification as Engineer I or higher
- INCOSE Certification as ASEP or CSEP
- DoD Acquisition Workforce experience
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's most complex modernization and readiness challenges. Our robust portfolio of offerings across the defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets includes high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission solutions. Using our expertise in existing and emerging technologies, we integrate the best components from our own portfolio and our partner ecosystem to deliver innovative, effective, and efficient solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has pro forma annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Posting ID: 560716583Posted: 2020-08-07