The following is a detailed list of the responsibilities of an R&D Chemist 1:
- Conducting research, formulation, and product development studies with supervision.
- Analyzing research and testing data and translating them to trends, or database, or reports that can be utilized by R&D and other departments.
- Assisting the R&D Scientist, R&D Manager, R&D Director, or VP of Quality Systems and Technical Services in project management activities including label/carton art reviews, creating specifications, SDSs, Nutrition and customer specification forms.
- Acting as a backup to the R&D Scientist in their absence.
- Conducting performance tests.
- Conducting shelf stability tests and monitoring.
- Testing new raw ingredients and components for qualification.
- Preparing samples for customer testing and approval.
- Maintaining R&D records and documenting R&D tests and trials.
- Assisting in the maintenance of PIM documents with supervision
- Involvement in the development of Manufacturing Specifications.
- Maintaining the cleanliness and orderliness of the R&D laboratory.
- Bringing forth issues concerning SQF, HACCP, GMP, Food Safety, Food Defense, Product Quality, and Company Safety to supervisors concerned.
- Enforcing SQF, Food Safety, Food Defense, Product Quality, GMP, Allergen Control, and Cleaning and Sanitation, and Company Safety policies.
- Enforcing personnel safety and proper PPE use.
- Identifying and resolving food safety issues.
- Assisting in investigative activities to resolve QA problems, customer complaints, and other technical issues.
- Previous experience in R&D or Product Development, QA/QC, Laboratory Testing, recommended.
- Bachelor's Degree in a science course (e.g. Chemistry, Biology, Food Science, Nutrition, etc.)
- PPE (safety glasses and earplugs), slip resistant shoes and hair net required.
- Must have passed QCP.TRA.R&D.001 R&D Lab Assistant Qualifying Exam
Compensation / Pay Rate (Up to): Up to $22.00 / hr
Posting ID: 574193213Posted: 2020-09-29