The Cook is responsible for the quality, quantity, tastiness, and freshness of all Hot Choice Buffet products. The
Cook pays special attention to speed, cleanliness, organization, and product specifications.
• Prepares Hot Choice Buffet products, including Carving and Display Cooking products, according to
Golden Corral recipes and procedures.
• Grills all items according to Golden Corral standards to ensure quality.
• Ensures that every fried product is always fresh and hot.
• If the Buffet Attendant is unavailable, the Cook restocks the items at the Display Cooking Station.
• If the Carver is unavailable, assists guests with carved meat options.
• Complete use and following of the buffet production system to insure quality and shelf life compliance.
• Maintains the correct temperature of all products during cooking, holding and serving.
• Uses the Hot Choice Buffet Production Guide and the Display Cooking Hot Cook Production Guide to
maintain an inventory of all hot cook products.
• Conducts opening and closing administrative procedures.
• Properly maintains equipment according to the Equipment Maintenance manual.
• Restocks and rotates food products by using the first-in, first-out method (FIFO).
• Takes inventory of products and checks build-to with the Manager at the beginning and end of each
• Ensures that that Hot Cook area and all smallwares are clean and checks dishes for cleanliness before
• Performs duty roster and Cleanliness, Service, and Quality (CSQ) responsibilities.
• Follows local health department laws.
• Keeps Char Grill clean and scraped to ensure product quality and sanitation.
• Ensures that Hot Choice Buffet products, including Display Cooking products, are always hot and fresh
for the guests.
• Knows and follows position responsibilities as they relate to just-in-time delivery.
• Is friendly and courteous to guests and assists them with the products.
• Maintains professional communication at all times.
• Performs other functions that may be necessary to ensure guests receive a pleasurable dining experience.
• Ensures that work areas are clean and that equipment, tools, and supplies are properly stored
• Ensures stated goals are me
• Fluent English-Speaking and Writing Skills
• Neat, Clean, Professional Appearance
• Strong stamina to work long or split shifts
• Stand for long periods of time
• Able to work a flexible schedule
• Highly Collaborative Nature
• Basic Culinary Coursework or Equivalent Experience Desired
• Able to lift 25 lbs multiple times a day
• Exhibit a sense of urgency
• Food Discount
• Competitive Wages
• Flexible Schedules
• Direct Deposit
• Fun, Energetic Work Environment
• Employee Assistance Program
We've designed a benefits package to meet the needs of our employees and their families. Restaurant workers receive: