Senior Scientist, Cell Therapy 1071463
Job Scope & Purpose:
Our client, a biotechnology company, is spearheading the development of controllable cell and gene therapies to deliver transformative outcomes for patients with intractable diseases. They have lead programs in adoptive immune cell therapy, applying our proprietary technology to control the expression of proteins for enhanced therapeutic efficacy and safety.
They are looking for a talented, flexible, collaborative, dynamic scientist to join the department of Cell Therapy as a key contributor to preclinical research supporting thier Cell Therapy program research and development.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Lead preclinical proof of concept research activities toward the development of cell therapy products
- Mentor and/or mentor a team of scientists/research associates in the design, execution and analysis of experiments that support programs
- Design, develop and apply cell-based immune assays, including engineering of human T and NK cells
- Make independent, intellectual, and technical contributions to projects, while working on a collaborative team
- Isolate immune cells from human blood and tissue and conduct ex vivo engineering, differentiation, characterization, and/or in vivo adoptive cell transfer studies
- Independently design experiments, meticulously execute bench work, troubleshoot assays, analyze data, and communicate findings
- Present results at internal meetings
Primary Job Requirements:
- PhD in Immunology or a related field with 3+ years of industry experience
- Ability to quickly learn and adapt to fast paced, rapidly changing start-up environment
- Scientific rigor in the design, execution, analysis, and troubleshooting of scientific experiments
- Experience leading and driving research projects
- Highly motivated team contributor, with ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Excellent organization, record keeping, multi-tasking, and communication skilled
- Demonstrated expertise in ex vivo immunology methods including T and NK cell genetic engineering (gene transfer or gene editing), functional assay development using techniques such as multi-color flow cytometry, cytotoxicity assays, cytokine quantitation
- Experience with tumor infiltrating lymphocytes (TIL) preferred
- Viral vector transduction of primary human immune cells preferred
- Cellular immunotherapy experience preferred
- Authorized to work in the US at the time of application
Whether you are seeking a career change or simply interested in becoming part of our network, you will appreciate the ethics guiding each Stratacuity team member. We build lasting relationships with exceptional biopharmaceutical talent and take great care to protect your personal information. Upon receiving your inquiry, you may be directly contacted by a Stratacuity team member to discuss your career goals. We will not share your information with anyone without your direct prior consent.
PROVEN SCIENTIFIC PLACEMENT
Stratacuity is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Stratacuity will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact us.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 844-463-6178.