We are a privately owned shipyard in Boston that repairs large Navy and cruise ships, and we are currently in search of a Dockmaster.
This would be a great opportunity for a NAVSEA Certified Dockmaster! However, being NAVSEA Certified is not required to be considered for this role.
This is a full-time position with a competitive annual salary in addition to overtime pay and bonus opportunities. Relation assistance will be provided, if necessary.
We are a smaller shipyard, so we have numerous opportunities available to use your skills and experience in other areas in addition to docking the ships should you so choose.What You Will Be Doing
- Supervising all docking and undocking operations of vessels
- Reading and interpreting docking plans
- Developing docking plans with safe blocking loads based upon sound calculations
- Directing the arrangement of blocks for docking
- Executing safe dry-docking evolutions and vessel launching, analyzing tide and wind conditions, and maintaining weight logs and docking plans
- Overseeing the technical work in docking, rigging, hauling and undocking vesselsWhat You Need for this Position
- Experience docking and undocking large marine vessels
- Experience reading and comprehending docking plans and blocking plans
- Experience building blocks for dry docking from existing plans and sketches
- Knowledge in stability calculations and docking plan development
- Knowledge of structure of vessels, stress points, load factors, cradle positioning, and blocking of vessels
- NAVSEA Certification preferred but not requiredWhat's In It for You
- Generous annual salary
- Overtime pay
- Full benefits package (company pays 80%)
- 3 weeks Paid Time Off
- Relocation assistanceIf you are a Dockmaster skilled in docking Navy, cruise and/or cargo ships, then we will want to talk to you! Please apply!
Posting ID: 576276005Posted: 2020-09-28