Outside Sales Representative
Reports to: Dairy Sales Director or Regional Sales Manager
Under the guidance of the Dairy Sales Director and Regional Sales Manager, this associate will work together with other team members of the company to strategically grow existing customers, create new customers by focusing on leads/prospects, meet or exceed monthly and quarterly sales and call quotas while increasing customer interaction and satisfaction.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Drive sales with designated client list to meet or exceed sales and gross profit goals by:
- Promoting our Professional Service Team, Value Add services, programs and promotion
- Maintain an established customer base through account occupation tactics and territory planning.
- Expand the current customer base through cold calls, penetrating new accounts, and territory planning.
- Share on-farm knowledge with customers; demonstrate and familiarize established accounts with new products
- Strategize and implement Quarterly plans by utilizing tools and reports provided
- Pre-Call Plan by utilizing account plans and schedule monthly visits to designated client list to grow sales (meet or exceed weekly call number expectations)
- Make outbound follow-up calls to potential and existing customers to qualify leads and sell products and services.
- Ability to review reports to track occupancy of products with existing clients, sales in territory, and gross profit in territory
- Handle on-farm sales calls, quote prices and credit terms, and estimate delivery dates
- Record all interactions with clients in CRM program
- Organize client appointments with minimum time spent in the office. (1/2 day per week of office time).
- Communicate any account receivable issues to clients on a timely basis working in conjunction with the finance department.
- Travel to and attend trade shows, meetings, informational sales programs and committee meetings, some overnights required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Power Point for planning and presentations.
- Assist in other areas as directed by Dairy Sales Director or Regional Sales Manager
- Pursue professional growth through continued education and company sponsored educational sessions
- Contribute to building a quality work environment at Armor Animal Health by taking initiative, respecting others, and being a team player. Follow the policies and procedures in the Armor Animal Health handbook. Use good communication by listening and sharing information to enable others to do their jobs more effectively. Use proper language and etiquette, set a good example and treat the customer with respect and appreciation.
- RISE: Be Responsive, Innovative, Find Solutions and Exceed Expectations
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty satisfactorily. Enthusiasm, initiative, reliability, creativity, leadership, teamwork, confidentiality, and an outgoing personality are important attributes for this position
- 2 4-year degree or equivalent experience, agriculture or animal science background preferred but not required and five years of successful sales experience in the Animal Health Industry.
- Demonstrated success in meeting sales goals and growing sales
- Strong interpersonal skills that help improve the bottom line and profitability of the company
- Excellent telephone sales personality skills that project a warm, inviting, and trustworthy image
- Ability to handle difficult customers with diplomacy and tact
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proficient computer skills including MS office suite
- Ability to follow directions, prioritize work, make decisions, and manage multiple projects.
- Ability to speak/translate Spanish or other foreign language a plus
- Positive attitude and approach, integrity, and responsible
HOURS OF WORK:
- Full-time employment offering a competitive wage and full benefits package
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
- Occasional overtime, weekends, weeknights as needed
- Overnight travel may be expected as frequent as customer demand dictates
- Home office needed; Position is based from the nearest Armor Animal Health location
Posting ID: 563669537Posted: 2020-08-10