Scioto Services LLC, a Marsden Holding Company, is a facility services provider of commercial janitorial, building maintenance and specialty property services with operations serving customers throughout the United States. Scioto Services is a building services contractor known for its operational excellence and its ability to provide great services to small businesses and large multi-state or multi-regional companies alike. Scioto Services enjoys an unmatched reputation for maintaining property value and for helping business owners and property managers meet their objectives for their facilities. An industry-leading company of integrity, service dedication and innovation since it was founded in 1975, Scioto has succeeded by dedicating itself to providing customers with an ever-expanding array of cost-effective, superior-quality commercial property services.
Job Skills / Requirements
Looking for a dynamic HR Business Partner to provide leadership training on strategic competencies to grow the business. The role functions as a partner to leaders in the field to deploy strategies in alignment with our L.E.G.S. strategy to increase retention of a highly engaged workforce.
- Drive our Leadership Engagement Growth and Safety Enterprise strategy to Amazon leadership and associates
- Focus leadership to reduce turnover through engaging our associates to create raving fans.
- Develops, oversees, manages, and ensures delivery of Human Resources services and programs
- Responsible for providing HR leadership for activities such as talent management initiatives, organizational development initiatives, compensation planning and administration, change management, conflict management, leader coaching and HR communications
- Acts as a primary point of contact and provides counsel and consulting services to internal partners across all levels of the organization, including Senior leaders
- Translates organizational needs into plans of action to achieve organizational goals and strategies
- Collaborates with Centers of Expertise (Employee Relations, Benefits, HRIS, Talent Acquisition and Talent Management and Development) and oversees project work connected to the client to ensure cohesive delivery of HR programs and services to the client
- Designs and facilitates continuous improvement initiates specifically focused on increasing organizational, team, and individual performance throughout staff and line functions
- Represents Human Resources at applicable company meetings to understand and support the business
- Maintains current HR body of knowledge and shares innovative ideas to support the evolution of the HR team and function
- Builds a culture of work safety and leads by example with one's own safe behavior
- Treats co-workers with respect and approaches conflict with positive intent and professionalism
- Asks questions to understand why we do what we do and how we do it - champions change when improvements can be made
- Ensures one's own compliance with the company's published Operations Standards Attend applicable company meetings to understand and support the business
- Stay up with HR trends and share innovative ideas to support the evolution of the HR team and function
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Analyze information and effectively propose solutions
- Highly developed consultative and facilitation skills
- Ability to effectively manage conflict
- Comprehensive knowledge of HR laws and applicable local and federal guidelines
- Demonstrated ability to influence, lead and manage projects
- Prior change management experience highly desired
- PHR or SPHR certification
- Prior experience in a Union environment
Education and Experience Required
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources or related field
- Minimum of 5 years previous working experience in a Human Resource field
- Minimum of 7 years of previous working experience in a Human Resource field
- Experience working with a diverse population
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
- Monday - Friday 40 hours a week, 8-5. Some after hours or weekend work if significant issues arise.
- 50% travel to Amazon site location to execute leadership development and assess and cultivate our culture
Education Requirements (Any)
Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience required
Additional Information / Benefits
Scioto Services is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. Scioto does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, age, sex, creed, ancestry, disability, sexual or affectional orientation, marital, or veteran status, color, religion, national origin, status with regard to public assistance or any characteristic protected under federal, state or local law.
This job reports to the Divisional HR Director
This is aFull-Time position1st Shift.
Number of Openings for this position: 1
Posting ID: 585547861Posted: 2020-11-24