- Experience Required: 0 to 6 months; sales training or related experience
- Experience Desired: Prior experience working in retail or related field
- Education Required: No High School diploma required
- Lifting Requirement: Up to 50 pounds
- Age Requirement: At least 18 years of age
- Straighten and prepare products for display by following proper procedures.
- Ensure proper ordering, receiving and stocking of products.
- Follow proper procedures to ensure store meets out-of-stock percentage goals.
- Rotate and check code dates on products to ensure guest safety.
- Add new items to shelves by moving existing items and displaying products appropriately and in adherence to safety standards.
- Build displays by taking merchandise by flats from back room to sales area and lifting product from flats to displays.
- Make cardboard bales by placing cardboard in bailer and using paper crusher to make bales.
- Properly handle products and equipment in accordance with food and safety guidelines to ensure a safe shopping environment.
- In the produce department: Unload produce items from truck and break down pallets; load flats with proper produce items to be taken to the produce floor and hand stacked; check produce on display for quality by visually inspecting and removing unsellable merchandise from rack; have sufficient knowledge to answer questions and make suggestions to our customers.
- In the health, beauty and wellness department: Educate, demonstrate and advise guests on the ingredients and qualities of products across a range of beauty lines; provide information and advice on the best beauty and related products to suit the guest's individual needs and preferences.
- In the dairy department, maintain stock level by taking products from cooler to sales floor, opening cases and stocking on shelves in the appropriate location.
- In the beer, liquor and wine departments, uncover any potential underage or intoxicated individual and deny the sale of alcohol to that person.
- In the wine and beer sections: Prepare products for display; assist customers with purchases by providing knowledgeable recommendations and suggestions; educate customers on consumption and food pairing; take an active role in building the store's wine or beer assortment throughout the year and at resets.
- Meet and exceed weekly sales goals and track sales daily to ensure goals are being met through continuous selling efforts to guests.
- Maintain audit lists, inventory reduction plans and retail strategies to ensure the most efficient operation of the department.
- Have awareness of shrink - what causes it and how to prevent it.
- Have knowledge of code dating.
- Assist in maintaining back room efficiency by unloading deliveries.
- Actively participate in, and promote, an environment that embraces diversity, inclusion and respect for Team Members, customers, vendors and the community.
- Actively support a culture of safety that includes, but is not limited to, food safety, Team Member safety and customer safety.
- Display a commitment to learn about food and share food knowledge with fellow team members and customers.
- Provide unparalleled guest service, constantly striving to delight and surprise our guests, vendors and stakeholders.
Posting ID: 565152825Posted: 2020-07-30