Title: Donor Relations Coordinator
Location: Northridge, Ca
Department: Donor Recruitment
Description: The Donor Recruitment Coordinator is responsible for supporting diverse duties that relate to the donor program.
- Plan, develop, implement, and evaluate programs designed to attract and retain donors for the company’s donor center programs, including community involvement, hospital involvement, on-site recruitment, conversion donors, education, etc.
- If applicable, follow up with all accepted prescreens regarding the program and preparedness for the first donation. Follow up with deferred or rejected prescreens regarding potential referrals to the program.
- Maintain donor retention and recognition programs.
- Maintain records and reports of donor recruiter activities in the assigned area to assure continuity of recruitment programs.
- Ensure and maintain an adequate supply of donor recruitment materials for use in the assigned area.
- Compile monthly statistics to measure and track prescreen results and demographics.
- Develop and maintain a positive rapport with client hospitals’ public relations offices, as well as local media.
- Establish a tracking system to monitor the efficacy of various recruitment approaches.
- Actively participate in the development of advertising and promotional products.
- If applicable, follow-up with donors who have become inactive. Investigate cause and encourage them to return to the program.
- If applicable, assure donor satisfaction through regular follow-up with donors to ensure their donation was as pleasant an experience as possible and to collect feedback toward increasing our level of service.
- Provide accurate information to potential donors regarding procedures to be performed including safety/hazards of the procedures.
- Participate in community organizations and activities such as Chamber of Commerce and service clubs to stimulate interest in the donor programs and establish potential donor referral sources. Participate in outreach programs such as health fairs and expos.
- Constantly develop new donor sources. Maintain an ongoing public and media relations program in the assigned area.
- Exposure to bloodborne pathogens and need to follow SOPs and CGMPs for protection.
- Knows and follows safety rules relative to area(s) or responsibility. Follows Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs) and external regulations regarding the products and procedures.
- Able to read, interpret, understand and follow the company and industry manuals and compliance standards such as Standard Operation Procedure manuals, Current Good Manufacturing Practices, FDA and AABB regulations.
Supervisory Responsibilities This position has no direct supervisory responsibility.
- Follow all Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs), FDA and AABB regulations as set forth by the Company.
- Consistently demonstrates excellent interpersonal skills and professionalism to company management, all levels of staff and donors.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area.
- Adhere to company policies and procedures and sets a positive example for others within the organization. Meets department quality standards.
- Be available to work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends.
- Excellent customer service skills, self-motivated, self-starter, well organized and detail-oriented approach to tasks.
- Must have a pleasant phone voice and etiquette and project a professional demeanor, both in person and on the phone.
Education, Experience and Licensure
- Typically has high school diploma or equivalent.
- Have 2 years of customer service experience and/or 1-year general office work preferred.
- Customer service background strongly preferred.
Pay Range: BOE
Posted Date: 09/20/2019
HemaCare is an equal opportunity employer.
We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
For over 40 years, HemaCare, a Charles River company, has worked to making a positive impact on the world by providing the highest quality cellular material and services to biotech and pharmaceutical companies and research organizations that are performing innovative research and developing novel cell-based therapies.
HemaCare, a Charles River company, is a global leader and trusted brand in the customization of human-derived biological products and services for biomedical research, drug discovery, and cell and gene therapy development. HemaCare’s vertically integrated solutions support preclinical research, clinical studies from phases 1 to 3, and commercialization with high-quality RUO and GMP-compliant starting material and apheresis collections.
Posting ID: 546558233Posted: 2020-05-28