- Associate Director/Director of Communications & Investor Relations
Associate Director/Director of Communications & Investor Relations
Stoke Therapeutics is a biotech company using RNA science to deliver a new generation of genetic medicines. By using a proprietary platform that restores protein levels, we take aim at severe genetic diseases that have inadequate or no treatment options. Our first area of focus is Dravet syndrome, a severe and progressive form of epilepsy that strikes children within the first year or two of life. For more information, visit www.stoketherapeutics.com and follow Stoke on Twitter (@StokeTx).
The Associate Director/Director of Communications & Investor Relations will play a critical role in supporting and executing communications activities related to the company's mission, strategic objectives, and progress. Reporting to the Vice President, Head of Corporate Affairs, this individual will play a leadership role in the company's communications, with a particular focus on the investor relations and communications to current and prospective shareholders and sell-side analysts. S/He will be responsible for developing and executing a comprehensive investor relations strategy to support the company's goal of ensuring an accurate understanding of the company's vision, strategy and its fair valuation. Serving as second in command to the VP, this person will contribute to many aspects of the Corporate Affairs function. S/He will assist with a broad scope of Corporate Affairs activities, including those related to Internal and External communications and Patient Advocacy.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Collaborate with the VP, Head of Corporate Affairs to develop and implement an investor relations strategy and plans.
- Lead the development and implementation of the company's Investor Relations strategy and execution, including day-to-day management of investor interactions and events (corporate calendar, non-deal roadshows, conference management, briefing materials, corporate presentations, bus tours, etc.).
- Work closely with executive leadership to establish the optimal mix of shareholders for Stoke at each stage of its evolution through strategic and thoughtful targeting initiatives.
- Work closely with cross-functional leaders and colleagues to stay current on company progress to guide investor-focused communications and then work collaboratively on materials development such as press releases, backgrounders, fact sheets, website content, Q&As, presentations, call scripts, executive talking points, social media posts, internal communications and intranet content.
- Serve as a primary point of contact for all investor inquiries; cultivate and maintain strong relationships with investors (current and potential future), sell-side research analysts, media and other key stakeholders. Provide timely, consistent, compliant and accurate responses.
- Effectively anticipate investor concerns, questions and needs by keeping current on the industry and competitive landscape while maintaining a deep understanding of Stoke's business and progress.
- Monitor and assess market and sector dynamics as well as all investment research (including models and estimates) on Stoke and its industry peers. Provide data and metrics-driven insights into the market and competitive landscape, using the information to counsel Stoke management and guide investor communications and activities.
- Continuously evaluate Stoke's performance with investors and use data as well as keen observation and critical thinking skills to continuously improve Stoke's ongoing investor engagement.
- Partner closely with Finance, Legal and other departments to ensure accurate and appropriate information for financial reporting, including as part of quarterly communications and regular SEC filings.
- Serve as an internal resource for communications counsel and assist with the departmental activities including helping maintain the website, social media channels, executive visibility and patient advocacy efforts.
- Manage external agencies and vendors that are supporting investor communications and activities.
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably in Journalism, Communications, Business, Finance, Accounting or a related field. Post-graduate degree a plus.
- 7+ years of experience in the biotech or pharmaceutical industry working for/on behalf of publicly-traded, high-growth companies. Experience in investor relations, corporate communications, corporate strategy, equity research, investment banking and/or finance.
- Excellent communications skills: written, verbal and presentation delivery.
- Demonstrated ability to simplify complex information and distill it into clear, concise and simple messages that help to effectively communicate the company story.
- Results-driver with proven ability to identify and analyze business dynamics to develop and implement plans to support investor relations activities.
- Strategic thinker and problem solver; intellectually curious and perceptive; able to identify interdependencies and connections across the business; a critical thinker.
- Comfortable in a fast-moving, rapidly changing environment; able to establish structure and process when needed; consistently prioritizes high-impact projects; calm under pressure; works with a sense of purpose and urgency.
- Appreciation for laws and regulations governing the industry and publicly-traded company communications and investor engagement activities.
- Holds self and others to a high standard of ethics and integrity. Maintains confidentiality, exercises good judgment and discretion.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, influence and collaborate across the organization and at all levels, both internally and externally.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
Once investor and other meetings and conferences return to being conducted in-person, it is anticipated that approximately 25-35% of this individual's time will be spent traveling, primarily to New York and other areas with high investor concentrations as well as other medical conferences and industry meetings.
Benefits & Compensation
Stoke Therapeutics offers comprehensive and competitive employee benefits, including: medical, dental and vision insurance; life, long and short-term disability insurance; Paid Primary Caregiver Leave; a 401K program with company match, and an Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP). Compensation will be highly competitive for the industry and directly commensurate with experience.
Location(s): Stoke operates sites in Bedford, MA, and Cambridge, MA. The individual in this role will be an integral contributor to the team, working closely with their manager and members of the executive leadership team, and may be based primarily in one of the two locations with the ability to work from the other location as the need arises.
Since March 2020, Stoke's office-based employees have been working from home and we have modified our business practices (including but not limited to curtailing or modifying employee travel, moving to partial remote work, and cancelling physical participation in meetings, events and conferences). We are continually assessing the impact of COVID-19 on our business and keeping in mind the best interests of our employees, patients and business partners. For the foreseeable future, we anticipate the individual in this role will work from home and participate in meetings and company events virtually. At some point, we anticipate this role will return to working at one of our physical locations.
Interested candidates should apply directly to the position listed on Stoke's website:
- Position Title: Associate Director/Director of Communications & Investor Relations
- Company Name: Stoke Therapeutics
- Job Function: Communications,
Investor Relations/Public Relations
9211 Corporate Blvd., 4th FloorRockville, Maryland 20850(860) 437-5700