FedEx Contractor Seeking Delivery Driver
***MUST BE AVAILABLE SATURDAY SUNDAY & MONDAY***
***THIS JOB CAN LEAD TO FULL TIME EMPLOYMENT***
We are currently looking for non CDL drivers for part time positions at our Barrington NJ terminal. Our delivery location is from Brigantine NJ to Cape May NJ so knowledge of these areas are a plus.
We are an independent contractor for FedEx Ground and Home Delivery. We are looking for highly motivated and energetic delivery drivers and assistants to join our team. You need to live within traveling distance to the terminal in Barrington, NJ. Our routes are along the coast from Brigantine to Cape May as well as Villas, Woodbine and Cape May Court House areas.
Drivers: You will wear a FedEx branded uniform and drive a truck provided by TS Delivery. You will work within an assigned delivery area to complete the pickup and delivery of customer packages. This is more than just a driving job, it is a challenging and physically demanding role that requires excellent customer/people skills. You'll take pride in the service you provide in and the vehicle you drive. You will be professional, safety conscious, organized, accurate, flexible and customer focused. You must be punctual with a strong work ethic and strive to deliver superior customer service. Attendance is of the utmost of importance to us the employer and to our team of drivers.
Part-Time: is 2-4 days per week
Must be available Saturday Sunday & Monday
It can take a month or more for TS Delivery to take a candidate from the initial application to the first day of training. FedEx has stringent requirements and you will have all of your information verified by a third party background screening agency.
Here are the specific FedEx requirements:
• at least 21 years of age
• valid Drivers License
• proof of authorization to work in the US
• at least 1 full year of verifiable commercial driving experience within the last 3 years (ex: landscape, pizza delivery, pool service, construction vehicle) or 5 years in the last 10 years - verifiable by a third party.
• have a very clean MVR
• pass a criminal background check
• pass DOT physical
• be and remain drug free (pass immediate and random drug tests)
• be able to handle large and/or heavy packages
• be in good physical condition
• speak, read and understand English
• able to operate GPS and scanning devices
• have a working cell phone
• Loading your vehicle
• Scanning, moving, delivering/picking up packages (which can weigh up to 150lbs)
• Ability to drive/stand/bend/twist at the waist and knees during entire shift
• Conducting pre and post trip vehicle inspections
• Completing paperwork to the required standard
• Ability to get in and out of a truck more than 100 times each day
• Ability to locate addresses using GPS and/or maps
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively
• Able to learn and adhere to delivery procedures with high expectations for SAFETY, ACCURACY, SERVICE and ATTENDANCE.
***AGAIN VERY IMPORTANT***
To be considered you MUST have 1 year of verifiable commercial driving experience within the last 3 years or 5 years experience within the last 10 years. Someone must be able to receive a phone call to verify this.
Types of vehicles include, and not limited to cargo vans, box trucks, dump trucks, landscaping trucks.