The Washington Tractor Service Technician role is at the heart of our Aftermarket Division. The Small Engine Mechanic for Lawn & Garden, Set-up and Consumer Products (CP) plays a significant role in driving profitability through excellent customer service, technical and operational excellence, and implementing best practices for the various delivery of repairs and maintenance. By partnering closely with the Service Manager, Service Writers and Customers, the Service Technician ensures customer expectations are met.
Summary of Position:
Provide excellent customer service by performing basic diagnostics, service repairs and maintenance work on customer and/or dealer-owned agricultural and turf equipment.
• Achieve assigned metric standards for performance and profitability.
• Performs pre-delivery inspection on all types of equipment and other merchandise offered for sale by the dealership and insures equipment is adjusted for optimum performance.
• Performs basic diagnostics and repairs on small engine equipment including 2 and 4 cycle engines. Products to repair include items such as Gators, Lawn Mowers, Weed-eater, Pressure Washers, generators.
• Participates in Service EDUCATE Training programs required for the development of skills and knowledge.
• Maintains current knowledge of Stihl, Honda, John Deere and competitive products.
• Maintains condition of inventory, tools and equipment.
• Maintains a clean work area and performs work in a neat and orderly fashion.
• Follows all safety rules and regulations in performing work assignments.
• Completes all reports, logs and forms required in conjunction with work assignments.
• Accounts for all time on designated time systems and ensure that time is attached to RO when possible.
• Account for all material used in performing assigned duties.
• Responsible to achieve job specific metrics and sales volume.
• Valid driver license is required and ensure that driving records remains insurable under the corporate auto policy.
• Other duties as assigned.
* Experience, Education, Skills and Knowledge:
* 1-2 years of experience performing service repairs in lawn & garden or power equipment industry.
* High School Diploma or equivalent experience required; Associates degree preferred.
* Valid driver's license required and maintain a company insurable driving record: Must have a clean driving record.
* Basic Service Technician certification preferred.
* Ability to use company computer systems and achieve a basic to intermediate computer functions.
* Ability to work in a team environment and independently.
* Proficient oral and written communication skills.
* Customer Focused communication style.
* Ability to perform basic repairs and required maintenance using special tools and equipment following Technical Manual procedures.
* Ability to assemble machinery components and to follow manufacturer's pre-delivery instructions.
* Proficient knowledge of mechanical, electrical and hydraulic systems used in the repair of small engine lawn, garden & power equipment.
* Ability to operate vehicles and equipment used for diagnostic purposes.
* Ability to provide your own set of hand tools, specialty tools will be provided by the company.
* Fork lift experience preferred.
Final Candidate must pass pre-employment screening which includes a background check, Motor Vehicle Record check and a 5-panel drug test that includes testing for Marijuana. Applicants that know they will pass the pre-employment screening are encouraged to apply.
Posting ID: 74410011Posted: 2020-07-14