This individual will work with managers and employees to ensure adherence to company policies and regulatory requirements, collaborate on audits and safety inspections, provide regular safety training and instruction, and coordinate Innomark safety programs. The Safety Manager should have the patience and commitment to work “hands-on” to help the entire team understand the company's commitment to safety and the need to follow the safety programs and will be committed to spending time in the manufacturing facility on a daily basis. The safety manager will ensure a safe, healthy, and accident-free work environment by understanding best practices, recognizing potential hazards, developing necessary resources, and communicating the company’s expectations for mitigating hazards in a manufacturing environment.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide a workplace that is free from serious safety and health hazards
- Monitor the workplace, so that Innomark and employees are fully in compliance with all applicable OSHA standards & requirements, rules and regulations in order to maintain safety in manufacturing facilities
- Use labels, safety violation tags, signs, posters, floor marking, and color coding to warn employees about potential hazards and to ensure that managers are correcting issues
- Ensure that Safety Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) are maintained, and communicated to employees
- Assess engineering controls, administrative controls, and PPE on an on-going basis
- Provide leadership in developing measures and practices that prevent accidents and ensure compliance with OSHA standards and requirements
- Lead workplace safety and health planning meetings and trainings
- Ensure managers/supervisors receive appropriate safety and health, accident prevention, and investigation training
- Ensure managers/supervisors provide safety training and information to workers
- Continuously monitor, eliminate, correct, or guard the workplace for hazardous safety and health conditions
- Ensure the results of safety inspections are documented; ensure that corrective actions are taken; and provide recommendations for ways to prevent similar accidents
Ensure purchase and distribution of all safety material and equipment
- Identify and implement cost saving and efficiency options on safety solutions for machines and equipment
- Work with managers and operators to ensure safe equipment, policies, and practices
- Coordinate and Complete all audits for safety, OSHA, and workers compensation
- Stop or prevent unsafe work, actions, the use of unsafe equipment or tools
- Investigate all close calls near-misses and other safety-related incidents that have occurred within an area
- Ensure that the records of work-related accidents, injuries, and illnesses are recorded and maintained in a timely, complete, and accurate manner
- Identify and mitigate hazardous situations that are associated with an accident
Monitor and assist in the investigation of accidents or injuries
Work Experience Requirements
- At least 3 years of direct safety management experience in a manufacturing environment with a comprehensive knowledge of safety concepts
- OSHA 30 Hour training strongly preferred, but required to complete within six months of employment
- OSHA 501 Training is strongly preferred
- Strong Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and ability to collect, plot, graph, and interpret safety data required
- Safety program and administration required
- Must be willing to stay current on safety compliance through professional development
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, strength in organizational skills, people skills and the ability to work in a team setting.
- Ability to recognize opportunities and enlist others to get results.
- Skills to motivate, train, and influence people & decisions across functional boundaries to our business advantage
- Decision-Making skills with a demonstrated ability to visualize, articulate concepts, solve problems, apply logical thinking to capture and analyze information, craft & test solutions to problems, and formulate plans
- Professionalism with all levels of management and non-management personnel
Verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Occupational Safety or related field.
Knowledge of lithographic printing, pre-press, and display fabrication preferred.
75-85% Most Locations are in Fairfield and Miamisburg
Posting ID: 601961023Posted: 2021-01-26